Camping Trip for Friday

Heading up from WPB to Yankeetown this Friday for two days of camping and fishing. Arriving on Friday late afternoon and plan on fishing the gulf area around SR40. Planning on fishing the same area on Sat and then going to Cedar Key Saturday afternoon. On the way home we are going to stop at Lake Roussaue for some Crappie fishing on Sunday. Any suggestions would be helpful - hopefully we are on the right track for some good fishing and camping. Will post a fishing report when we get back.

Replies

• ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Bring plenty of bug spray. No-see-ums are no joke. Fishing is good. Big bars with lots of water flowing around them hold plenty of reds and trout.
  • Capt.EdCapt.Ed Posts: 368 Deckhand
    if your pitching a tent you can camp in my yard if you want (20 acres). I'm within 6 miles of yankeetown and 3 miles from ruso launch.
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Do any of the good fishing rivers in Florida have good sand bars for pitching a tent and camping? That was one thing I missed when I moved from the Ozarks.....floating the rivers and camping on the gravel bars. Not much gravel in Florida, but sand works too. I'd also hope it would be legal to have a small campfire for cooking all those fish!!!
    .......Rick