Well, well, well... sounds like, uh....

Heard of two additional ling caught today. Both from boats.

I think we'll get a chance at one tomorrow. They should be hungry.... Have two jig rods and two live bait rods ready to go. Giggidy giggidy,

Any of yall see the pic of the redfish schooling up at Hathaway? Pretty neat.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    Good luck out there today. From the reports I've been reading, the cobia are starting to show up a little more each day. Can't wait for your post....hopefully with a photo of a big one. I'm getting the itch REAL bad to head down there for the first trip of the year. Probably can't make it down until first of April.....hopefully they are still around by then.

As for the redfish report at Hathaway.....saw post of it on FB along with these pics shown below. Pretty cool.....

Livin' the Dream !
  • Reef ThiefReef Thief Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    News 13 was calling them sharks. I emailed them right after it aired and told them what they are and sent them those photos because they were clearer than the ones they had. They gave me credit for the photos! Sorry to whomever took them !! The pics on their Facebook now, they also said they are going to air a follow up explaining that they are not sharks, thanks for posting
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Saw that too. Good for a laugh.
    The news people need to check their stories before rushing them on the air.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Very slow sheepshead bite. I think we caught 5 or 6 and they came after a fair helping of effort. Eased offshore 2 miles and let the kid on board pull on some short triggers, snapper and white snapper. I think he enjoyed it, which made the trip for me... saw a lot of potential in that kid. Future deckhand is what I'm thinkin! ;-)

EDIT: Didn't see any ling, but I can't say that we tried all that hard. Conditions were decent, but some folks on board were antsy. Bird hunters on a deer boat before deer is really open... well, that's a situation that doesn't lend itself well to hours of looking. Forum member crcattny says he saw one E.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"