(Wanted) Binoculars

Hey guys I'm in the market for a good pair of binoculars. If you have a good pair that your ready to part with let me know. I am looking for 10x40's but let me know what you've got. I just got a job working for a guide in Alaska/Montana. Between the boots I have to buy and a plane ticket im already at over a $1000 bucks so I'm just trying to cut costs and buy used if I can. Thanks for your time, Blgriff

Replies

• bswivbswiv Posts: 7,369 Admiral
    blgriff wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm in the market for a good pair of binoculars. If you have a good pair that your ready to part with let me know. I am looking for 10x40's but let me know what you've got. I just got a job working for a guide in Alaska/Montana. Between the boots I have to buy and a plane ticket im already at over a $1000 bucks so I'm just trying to cut costs and buy used if I can. Thanks for your time, Blgriff

Have a pair of Steiners..........http://www.amazon.com/Steiner-648-10x50-Police-Binocular/dp/B000GU4NE8...........

Bought them a couple of years ago to use in the boat gator hunting. Was warned by a couple of folks that 10 power was going to be hard to hold still in the boat...........which turned out to be true.

Last season bought a pair of 7 power that while not as powerful are a whole lot easier to hold on the boat.

For land use though they should be quite good...............

They gather a pile of light and are clear, though obviously not as good as the $1000 up stuff......but darn good.

If you are interested I'm in NW St. Johns County
  • MackokidMackokid Posts: 918 Officer
    How about a 9x32 Leupold RXB-IV Digital Rangefinder Binocular? They no longer sell them, haven't in quite a few years. Here is the specs and what it looks like:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/43485

PM if interested. I bought it brand new and have had a great time with it. Gives you angles and distance up to 1000 yards (I can range a 5' paper target at 605 yards with ease).
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada
  • rgrx1276rgrx1276 Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    I have a really nice pair of Minox Aspherical 8x32 waterproof rubber armored binoculars for 275.00 shipped. They were around 500.00 dollars when I purchased them a few years back. Perfect lens, perfect collimation, housing has one small mark. Also have a Zeiss LRF and spotting scopes by Zeiss, Pentax, Leopold and Bushnell. All are quality optics in mint condition with realistic prices.

Lee
    [email protected]

IMG_1172_zps87b13e8b.jpg

IMG_1171_zps0a7e0748.jpg

IMG_1170_zps136c2da7.jpg

IMG_1169_zps94b6cda6.jpg