Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

Scrub Jay, Cara Cara and Glossie

redsgurlredsgurl Senior MemberSmack in the middle of salt and fresh water.Posts: 618 Officer
I love the Glossies too Chuck.

16756972522_0cf3659b9f_c.jpg

What I don't see a lot of are these guys. The Cara Cara isn't the greatest image, but i don't care. I am excited to get it. Shot this down at Viera. It's got more bracelets that Ivana Trump. Probably why it tolerated a few shots before it left.

16753207841_0f6fd11e92_c.jpg

Saw this lil one yesterday on the north end of the refuge.

16560918059_ae96bcd57c_c.jpg
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Senior Member Posts: 24,412 AG
    Number one. Capturing the iridescence of a Glossy's plumage is very tough. You did very well.
  • ChuckcChuckc Senior Member Posts: 4,397 Captain
    That's a great shot of the glossy for sure. To me, any Caracara in the wild is a victory. Banded as well? Bonus!

Never shot a scrub jay, glad you did and shared.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Senior Member Smack in the middle of salt and fresh water.Posts: 618 Officer
    Thank you Craig. I wish I could take that credit, but a mean and grumpy lil Egret was being a bully to the Ibis, and when I heard the ruckus, I saw the Glossie flying; the sun did the rest. :)

Thanks Chuck. Thats my first Cara Cara; now I look at "buzzards" a lot more. I thot the Cara Cara was one. Clumsy flying, white wing tips, and size/ All similar.

Found the Scrub Jay on the refuge; very friendly and inquisitive, it flew right next to me. Outta nowhere. So cool
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Senior Member Ocean Springs, Ms. (da coast)Posts: 4,222 Captain
    once again a great series of images...
    however, the glossy takes the blue ribbon....

the scrub jay is lagniappe...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • redsgurlredsgurl Senior Member Smack in the middle of salt and fresh water.Posts: 618 Officer
    Thanks Mac. So nice of you, as always. :) Look at you throwin those $3 words around. I had to look that up; we don't say that down here. But you are so right; wrapped in a lil blue bow. Hope you guys are well. :)
    Suz

• redfishrobredfishrob Senior Member Posts: 270 Deckhand
    I have a hunting lease out the way. And we have about 10/12 of those cara caras that we see regularly. Great pics
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Senior Member Mims, FLPosts: 4,199 Captain
    I love them, cara caras are always great to see in the wild!
    redfishrob wrote: »
    I have a hunting lease out the way. And we have about 10/12 of those cara caras that we see regularly. Great pics
    I don't see them up on the north end of the county at all. That one was a treat for me. You can consider yourself lucky. :)

Fly Hooker wrote: »
    I love them, cara caras are always great to see in the wild!
    I thot it was cool, for sure.
    Suz