Who's gearing up for mini season?

Capt_GerryCapt_Gerry Posts: 173 Officer
I started checking #'s and past logs to see what the last few years have produced. All my regs are in for their annual service and I just purchased a new computer. My crew is confirmed and license is up to date. Now I wait and pray for great weather like we had last year. Be safe and dive smart!
Changin' Latitudes

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 593 Officer
    I'm ready.. all we need is a lottery winfall to pay for the fuel
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • Cracker IICracker II Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Tanks are inspected and filled, hotel reservations are made, lobster license is good, boat is ready. The only variable is the weather. I have only a 17 foot CC so any seas over 2 feet, I'm outta luck.
  • Waterman03Waterman03 Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Cracker II wrote: »
    Tanks are inspected and filled, hotel reservations are made, lobster license is good, boat is ready. The only variable is the weather. I have only a 17 foot CC so any seas over 2 feet, I'm outta luck.

I am in the same situation and I only have a flats boat. Praying it's nice and flat out there! Was dicking around fishing for Spanish macks back in Feb. and ended up drifting over a big tire loaded with 5-8 pounders. I'm hoping hurricane season doesn't relocate it before the end of July.
    2001 17' Maverick Master Angler
  • Capt_GerryCapt_Gerry Posts: 173 Officer
    With any luck the weather will be like last year. Flat calm with a slight breeze. I'm looking a a new LED flashlight. Any suggestions for a new main light?
    Changin' Latitudes
  • Big TBig T Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Got half of my Nitrox bottles VIPed and filled last week; remainder next week. With the FtP thermoclines, I need to start the diet and exercise yesterday to be able to fit the thick suit in time for scouting.
  • dickiedickie Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Picking up my tanks from VIP/Nitrox fill tomorrow. Just got some new LED lights I am going to install in my boat later today because I normally beach dive for lobster but since I bought a boat last year I can finally cover more ground and plan to go at midnight this time instead of just before sunrise like I normally do.
    I installed underwater LED lights on my boat last year. One of the best things I ever did. The lights at 40 feet lit up the bottom with so many bait fish darting in and out. It was quite the show to watch. It was also nice as we swam back to the boat we were able to see the glow before even getting anywhere near it.
    Changin' Latitudes
  • Just ChoppyJust Choppy Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Osceola Dive Center is going on the morning dive at JDC we have 10 spotsday one day two I think I will hit the port-c 8-A
  • fishslayer12fishslayer12 Posts: 334 Officer
    I am so pumped and ready! Went thru all the equip. One hub on the trailer and goin to marathon!! Free dive mostly. Cannot freaking wait!!! Gonna bullynet midnight on and dive all day. Sleep is not an option til we r limited out!! Woohoo!
    If the fish aren't bitin', I jump in and shoot them....
    www.UrgentCareChiropractic.com
    The Treasure Coast's Hometown Chiropractors ! Dr. Schoch, and Urgent Care Chiropractic....We've got your back 772-343-8511 !
    Christmas06andMISC-GOTHRU2191-1.jpg 2b84e6de-1.jpg 1310476142-1.jpg 1316642336-1.jpg
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    My son 1DeadBait just got cert. We are in Duck Key the hole week so he'll be doing his first dives/mini all in one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • FishCaptMikeFishCaptMike Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Taking the boat down to Marathon, hopefully the weather is great like last year. Ready to tear up some lobster and the fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Capt. Mike Wilson
    www.FishCaptMike.com
    I can't wait. All I keep thinking about at work is hunting those bugs!
    Changin' Latitudes