Home General Freshwater Fishing

Peace river powerboating?

I'm looking for a safe place to park two trucks and trailers for a few days without the worry of vandalism. We are taking 14' jon boats with small outboards and planning on fishing/camping between Gardner and Zolfo. We would be willing to rent a campsite at a campground to leave our trucks. Any help/info would be appreciated. I know about the ramp at Gardner but it's meth head city and that's not an option. The canoe outpost is not "powerboat friendly" so that's not an option either. Thanks in advance.
"Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter

Replies

• Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    This place is usually full of helpful information, anyone have any suggestions? Where would be a better place to post this question?
  • southboundchickensouthboundchicken Posts: 711 Officer
    Following this post as im interested also..... We use to launch in zolfo leaving someone with the boats at the ramp then ride to one of the outfitters and rent a canoe as if thats all we were doing, they would shuttle us back up to the ramp and send us on our way.... Always car topping our boats and never trailered so as not to tip them off of what we were doing.... They wont let u camp on their property if you have your own boat or a motor as they hate motors which isnt a big deal finding suitable camping grounds when the water is low but if its high you dont have many choices finding dry land that isnt theirs
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    SBchick, I found a campground "Brownville campground" that will let us park our trucks and trailers there, in a locked area, for $10.00 a night. We are going to go upriver from there and camp on BHG land between Gardner and Zolfo. We are doing this from 3/25 till 3/28, wed thru sat. Right now the water is supposed to be 1' 8" above normal but it should drop some before we go. We have done the canoe thing many times but it was 25 years ago. The fishing used to be outstanding, looking forward to trying it again. I'll make a post of how it turns out. As far as camping on their land, it's legal to camp on any navigable river bank below the high water mark. They fought hard to prove this point many years ago so they **** well better follow the law.