Home General Fishing

Hi Ladies, I'm new here and looking for some East Coast sail fishing advice...

MagicladyMagiclady Posts: 2 Greenhorn
We are taking our boat from St. Petersburg to West Palm the 2nd week of March. Do any of you have recent sail fishing reports? We are new to this and would like some advice on where to get fresh rigged ballyhoo or live bait, and areas that we should concentrate on for fishing. We were thinking about staying at the Sail Fish Marina but would love recommendations from the group. We prefer to stay on the Palm Beach side of the inlet if anyone can suggest a good spot.

Replies

• brianbbrianb Posts: 2,404 Captain
    You would be much better off posting this in the SE Section.
  • b-bliggityb-bliggity Posts: 110 Officer
    My $.02, you should stay at South Sail Resort...right next door. The rooms are clean, they have dockage, and you can still walk next door to sailfish to eat if you want... I don't believe there are any hotels/marinas on the Palm Beach side of the inlet, only on the Singer Island side. Also, walk into any of the bait and tackle shops on Blue Heron Blvd...or even Sailfish marina, and there will be a bunch of different bait boat business cards or flyers. I used to use Mr. Sportsman Live Bait, but I usually get my own bait off of Juno now. Live bait, drifting in 90 to 130ft from PB to Jupiter...that's most likely where it will happen.
    2005 Bluewater 2850 T/250 Zukes (current) (Jupiter/Marathon)
    2006 Yellowfin 31 T/300(2013) Zukes (current) (Guana Cay, Abaco)
    2011 Gheenoe LT25 20 Yammy 4S (current) (Everywhere)