It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.
Jack Hexter wrote: »
Yes you can eat a grouper on the boat. Doesn't make a difference between Federal or State water. You CANNOT eat one out of season and the one you eat counts against your limit
68B-22.006 Other Prohibitions; Applicability.
(1) The harvest of any redfish in or from state waters by or with the use of any multiple hook in conjunction with live or dead natural bait is prohibited. Spearing or snagging (snatch hooking) of redfish in or from state waters is prohibited.
(2) It is unlawful for any person to possess, transport, buy, sell, exchange or attempt to buy, sell or exchange any redfish harvested in violation of this chapter.
(3) No operator of a vessel in or on state waters shall allow the possession aboard the vessel of any redfish not in compliance with established bag limits, size limits, seasons or any prohibited gear as specified in this chapter or in Chapter 68B-4, F.A.C.
(4) All redfish harvested from Florida waters shall be landed in a whole condition. The possession, while in or on state waters, on any public or private fishing pier, or on a bridge or catwalk attached to a bridge from which fishing is allowed, or on any jetty, of any redfish that has been deheaded, sliced, divided, filleted, ground, skinned, scaled or deboned is prohibited. Mere evisceration or “gutting” of redfish, or mere removal of gills from redfish, before landing is not prohibited. Preparation of redfish for immediate consumption on board the vessel from which the fish were caught is not prohibited.
(5) Provisions of this rule chapter shall not apply to redfish artificially spawned and raised in commercial aquaculture facilities. Failure to maintain appropriate receipt(s), bill(s), bill(s) of sale, or bill(s) of lading, that such redfish were artificially spawned and raised in commercial aquaculture facilities, shall constitute a violation of this rule.
(6) The simultaneous possession aboard a vessel of any gill net or entangling net together with any redfish is prohibited.
Digital Now Included!
Give a Gift
Preview This Month's Issue
See All Other Magazines
See All Special Interest Magazines
Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.
All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.
To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.
Get Digital Access