Home Tropics

Bimini Wahoo Smackdown 2015

2»

Replies

• CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
    Blew hard in the night peaking I'm guessing near 40mph early this morn. Water white as milk and storm lines tight. Chase just delivered goodie bags to each boat. Effort really appreciated.
    OCD just came over... Said its a little special but not undoable out there. They just cleared and are headed back out to fish.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    Compleat wrote: »
    Blew hard in the night peaking I'm guessing near 40mph early this morn. Water white as milk and storm lines tight. Chase just delivered goodie bags to each boat. Effort really appreciated.

so now you and the tournament director are BFFs? as the world turns . . .

Nope... Not even close, but he's right now doing a good job what he can to keep those here happy. I'm calling it as I see it. Not gonna sling mud that isn't there just cause we don't get along.
    OCD back with no fish... Said edge was sharp and clean and little sporty. Plan is to give it a try tomorrow for a few hours if forecast is correct. Bowl of conch salad is on the line... Gotta turn up the heat...
  • If OCD can't catch them, they are not there!
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,793 Admiral
    alacrity wrote: »
    so now you and the tournament director are BFFs? as the world turns . . .

So two faced:
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,793 Admiral
    As soon as I saw you started a thread on the Smackdown I envisioned it going just like this.
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 410 Deckhand
    Seems like a correct decision and making the best of the bad situation (weather). When ever I plan a bahamas trip, it's always dependent on the weather. Summer trips are generally more likely to pan out than winter trips, but I've been weathered out plenty. It's just lousy when people make plans around work schedules, buy bait, stock up on supplies only to get weathered out - but that's part of fishing.
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
    Lucky... Did you fail to see the other posts made AFTER that one? The director did come a couple days after that post. He made great gestures and made this thing more comfortable for those that did come. If you're looking to get me to fight or say something bad about him when he's doing all he can do to keep everybody happy it isn't gonna happen. Lets go back a bit where you said "5 days early". Last time I looked, Tuesday night on a Thursday start is only two days?
    Gorgeous here today 2foot tight chop in front and down to Cat. I guess 2-4 up the line where the bite was. A couple boats with three and OCD spanked five. They went north. It was slow to the south. OCD took bragging rights in the funament as well.
  • pescador67pescador67 Posts: 66 Deckhand
    So two faced:

Classy as always Compleat. So you know, the current "Director" (who you seem to enjoy badmouthing and then acting like you didn't) is by far the best one BBGC has had since Miranda.
    Again... No bad mouthing. No reason to. I moved on long ago. He's done a good job smoothing a tough situation over. Don't know why you guys think I have some axe to grind. I am here working on a boat. Nothing more or nothing less...
    When I wrote that, that was the sentiment here. People were pissed that they had to hear from staff. He had let nobody know at that point. He notified people later that night. When he did notify and respond he has done a fine job fixing things. Have I said anywhere that he hasn't done a good job smoothing this over? I heard good things from the last event and was looking forward to fishing it but the weather stepped in. That's not his fault.
    Weather again today not so good. Hurry up and wait syndrome. Doing some detail work on the boat and adjusting stuff for the next tournament next week. Repositioning fenders not doing much good. They are getting smushed in a big way. May fish tomorrow then Monday fish our way up to the next one.
  • Relax guys , crap happens in Bimini, get over it,
  • chaseuonechaseuone Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    I want to Thank Everyone for the support I received for the Wahoo Smackdown # 6. I must say out of the five boats that did show up of the 21 Total, I had a great time entertaining with complete understanding except for one (later on that).

The New Dates are March 12 13 14, 2014

The guys who did show up all received complete refunds, three days full free dockage, Group dinner with me & tournament shirts, caps & tournament bag. Even the chronic complainer.

We had a One Day Shootout, among four boats, (one boycotted) & the winner was OCD, as he brought in 5 fish & one weighing in at almost 25 pounds. Conditions were not good, but we all prevailed & OCD won the pot of coin, almost 4K.

Further... It's hard enough having to postpone any tournament, it's even harder when there is someone lurking in the shadows trying to undermine all you do, as evidence of his Face book post on his page Marine Trade Service.

This one Bleeper did everything he could to undermine all I did there, even boycott the FREE dinner (which was not only silly, but ridiculous, cause only his boat & crew missed out). He then Slammed me on FB, but gave me flowers on Florida Sportsman by showing support, (so you all would not get on him) & then went behind my back to every boater & try to get them to complain.

It's nice to see & hear when you make the right decisions & get complimented for them by the same boaters he was complaining to. Who were all kind of embarrass by his actions.

Lastly, Please, Please .... Stay in retirement, people are tired of the many faces you come around with. You looked desperate & tired. It was not very becoming.
    Always Chase Your Dreams
    Captain Chase
    www.chasendreams.com
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    His reputation is well know by many believe me.
    Keep up the great work
    Oh by the way he didn't put a hoo in the boat did he
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    With the lack of reports from the islands, this drama is certainly filling in!
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    Can you post event times for lines in and weigh in?
    For the record. We did not boycott. We didn't know when the dinner was til that eve after we had other dinner arrangements. We felt that Chase and BBGC had been more than fair with their actions and didn't want to take advantage of more of their generous gestures. Had we been informed of the event we would have joined but we were never told of it.
    As for Facebook???? Nowhere there do I slam Chase or BBGC. Basically what is written there is what has been said here. Some of you are on my friends list. Go ahead and look back through posts. No slamming. Not sure where he gets that stuff? Not worth the BS.
    Quick side note... Per management of BBGC they had 11 paid entries at time that it was cancelled. There was actually a sixth boat there who had been signed up. the Jin Jen but unfortunately the had mechanical difficulties and couldn't participate...
  • youngeryounger Posts: 54 Deckhand
    Oh the drama, some things never change.
    Brian Young, Realtor
    Five Star Realty of Charlotte County Inc., Broker
    [email protected]
    www.fivestarrealty.com
    941-769-3803
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,736 Captain
    The internet competition among tournament directors is WAY more interesting than the actual tournament. FWIW, I only know Complete from what he posts here and he's always willing to offer helpful advice. I don't get the venom?
    Don't worry about them. They "Think" I'm up to something other than fishing a tourney which is what I'm doing now. They're wrong. I am way past that petty crap and they are not worth wasting my time with it.
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    Compleat wrote: »
    Don't worry about them. They "Think" I'm up to something other than fishing a tourney which is what I'm doing now. They're wrong. I am way past that petty crap and they are not worth wasting my time with it.

Then dont make any comments and just
    go fishing!!!