2/8 boynton fat king

Well ling story short tried to make it out in the am couldn't do it so planned for and afternoon trip got bait from ken searched for a parking spot for over an hour and finally paddled out around 230 pm trolled around till sun down with 0 hits using gogs and runner. Trolled a bait all the way in when 100 yards from the beach my long flat gets nailed after 3 long runs and dumping half the spool twice. Got em close grabbed the tail and through him in the bag with only min of light and big surf to navigate. Fish weighed out on one scale at 35 and another at 33 lbs so going with 33.uploadfromtaptalk1423525350550.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1423525375342.jpg
:fishing
OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13

Replies

• SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Nice.

Not sure how comfortable I would be out there close to nightfall with some larger toothier critters prowling.

My hats off to you offshore folks.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    I do a lot of shark fishing off the beaches at night which requires me to paddle through surf to drop baits off at night vary comfortable.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Frank, good job with the king.
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Nice one.. Boynton sure does produce great fish!
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Great looking king
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,709 Captain
    I do a lot of shark fishing off the beaches at night which requires me to paddle through surf to drop baits off at night vary comfortable.

Too rough for the morning bite, so you nailed him on the sundown bite, High five for the Kingfish ! Have done a few sundown kayak trips off the beach, and aside from sharks, have picked-up a kingfish at night on more than one occassion.
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    Sweet king Chris, Evening bites has proved successful for me. But you gotta be out at just the right time. Seems bite will just turn on for an hour then done
  • jsmilliejsmillie Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    Nice king!
  • LurchyLurchy Posts: 383 Deckhand
    Quality!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,305 Moderator
    Congrats Chris!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    If I had more light I would have trolled up and down the beach but it was getting dark so I let go off the rest of my bait and went in content with my catch. Still had to walk a mile to get to my car
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Solid fish bro
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Yeah Chris. Those that have fished with me in the past and the ones still around, know I love that evening bite. That last hour, (the witching hour), right before dark can get rather explosive. Awesome catch so close to shore and right before you are getting ready to bail out. :applause
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    Nice one!!!:beer
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Sher is a perdy bag
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
  • wellcraftwellcraft Posts: 1,333 Officer
    Nice king!
    paypallogo.png
    Vertical jigs, Trolling lures, and more! Click the logo!

All V-Series High Speed Wahoo Lures
    http://victorylures.com/trolling-lures/v-series.html

Face Book Page for Victory Lures
    http://www.facebook.com/VictoryLures

Visit My Blog
    www.averticalthought.com