FWC App: I give it a thumbs up

2»

Replies

• Swamprat wrote: »
    If you are required to register, then print it and then carry it with you to be legal then is this not a permit.

That's right, it isn't.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    It was a question...if you are required to register, print and carry then it becomes a permit. No getting around that, if you do not have it with you or even registered is there a fine attached, if so then it is a permit/license.

Is the Gulf Coast Commercial Reef Fishing Association (made up name) paying you to be the spin doctor.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • Swamprat wrote: »
    It was a question...if you are required to register, print and carry then it becomes a permit. No getting around that, if you do not have it with you or even registered is there a fine attached, if so then it is a permit/license.

No.
    Is the Gulf Coast Commercial Reef Fishing Association (made up name) paying you to be the spin doctor.

:Spittingcoffee

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    If no then why make it a requirement instead of an option. Folks are tired of having something required of them with no gain or benefit to themselves especially if it holds true will harm the common recreational angler more than the commercial folks.

You heard/read it from Gary.....no fines. If it was me I would not even bother.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • It's simply a protocol for compliance to allow Florida the exemption from federal oversight.

If you choose not to participate, you can always fall back to compliance with federal oversight. The choice is yours, however those are your only two choices.

2»