BANG- Pure Craw attractant

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,412 AG
anyone ever used this stuff?
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• StratosStratos Posts: 149 Officer
    Use to use Bang years ago. Gambler also used it as an attractant. Stopped using all attractants for me doesn't seem to help or hurt.
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Have never used it but it got some pretty good reviews on Bass Pro Shops website. Lot of folks say it makes the bass hold on to the bait a little longer. The most complaints were for a cruddy aerosol type delivery system ie. not only spraying the bait but the boat down at the same time.

Looks interesting though....might try it for kicks and giggles.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,412 AG
    Last Friday afternoon I went with a friend and targeted suwannee bass. That was a first for me. We were using the same exact bait and he was catching/hooking 3-4 to my 1. I knew I wasn't that bad of a fisherman and asked what the heck he was doing different. He pulled the can of Bang pure craw out and smiled. I sprayed some on my bait and it was night and day difference with the strikes and catches for me.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • StratosStratos Posts: 149 Officer
    That would be enough to get me to buy some.
    I did :grin
    I ran by Wally World after work to pick up some oil and ran into a buddy in the fishing dept. Anyway looked over and saw 2 cans of Bang on the shelf. He is a tourney guy so I asked if he ever used it and he said no and we got to talking about it so we were curious as to how it smells.

They had garlic and the combo (shad/crawdad). I popped the top on the combo and took a wiff at the nozzle. Holy shizzy that stuff is pungent to say the least. Smelled like a cooler with 4 day old un-iced scallops. OK a little exaggerated but it was strong smelling, I could see where a bass would hold on to a bait longer thinking it was actually real food. Not sure why I did not buy it, maybe fear of ridicule from my buddy but I will pick some up in a day or two. Plan on doing some bass fishing this weekend so I will report back.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
    I'm not sure how good the garlic or mixed are but I can attest for the pure craw. And yes, it STINKS!! BP had it for 7.99 and Academy had it for 5.99. I didn't look at wally world.
    7.94 at Wally World. Picked up a can this afternoon and will be trying tomorrow. Found a small jar at the house that I can spray the attractant into, drop the bait in with line attached (soft plastics) and put the lid on and swish around to cover with the scent.

Will also test the same bait without the attractant. 2 rods rigged with same lure, one with and one without.

Also taking a ultralight rigged with tube lures for panfish that will covered with attractment and drifted under a cork at various depths.
    Jackson Cuda 12