Women tyers needed

FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
Hi all, I am looking for one woman who can tie flies for us at our Casting for Recovery retreat in Orlando next month. We have had a woman who worked with us in the past, but she can't make it this year. We pay all the costs of the weekend retreat, and they just need to tie flies and teach 14 breast cancer survivors to tie one fly. That is it. We break the group down to 2 groups of 7 and she would work with each group for 1 hour. We supply everything, including food and fun. It really is a life changing experience. Issue is, it has to be a woman who lives in Florida. Please guys, if you know anyone who might be interested, please PM me and I can give more details.
"America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
--Abraham Lincoln

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,097 Captain
    Here's a possibility (if she's still living in the state). Google up Liz and Frank Steele, they used to own and operate the Fly Fisherman shop in Titusville some years ago. Liz is a very skilled tyer, but I've lost touch with them. I used to tie for their shop back in the mid eighties, the last I heard they were running trips down to Los Roques among other things... If you're able to contact her - tell her I said "Hi"...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    lemaymiami wrote: »
    Here's a possibility (if she's still living in the state). Google up Liz and Frank Steele, they used to own and operate the Fly Fisherman shop in Titusville some years ago. Liz is a very skilled tyer, but I've lost touch with them. I used to tie for their shop back in the mid eighties, the last I heard they were running trips down to Los Roques among other things... If you're able to contact her - tell her I said "Hi"...

I thought Frank and Liz closed the Titusville store and just kept/opened one near or in Orlando. I still have a Tin Lizzie and a Copper Lizzie....always my go-to redfish flies.
    .......Rick
  • scottrodscottrod Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Permit Rat wrote: »
    I thought Frank and Liz closed the Titusville store and just kept/opened one near or in Orlando. I still have a Tin Lizzie and a Copper Lizzie....always my go-to redfish flies.

Frank and Liz sold the shop and it was those owners who closed both shops.