Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

National Signing Day

1235»

Replies

• Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Buckeye wrote: »
    Why can't UF do that? Self imposed? If so, that's something UF can change? So in theory they COULD do that but they choose not to?

Well it was what the rule intended. Some places are stretching the rule beyond what was intended IMO.
    Honestly don't know how Coach Mac is on this subject. Coming from Bama I'm sure he's seen it used. And we now have a new president so not sure how the dynamics of that will work. Foley the AD is not in favor but he has given in to a lot of Coach Mac's wants especially on facilities. But yes, at UF it is self imposed based on the original intent of the rule.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,483 AG
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    As long as Machen was there-- and he was there before Meyer-- there was never any oversigning or greyshirting at UF.
    Not sure before that. I can see maybe 2-3 a year for attrition. But UF can't even do that.
    Anything more than 2-3 a year is unethical IMO.
    85 or 88. NCAA or the Power 5 should make the rule that you are never over that number for even a minute at any time including NSD. Make the playing field even.

It sounds like you have a Florida's rule problem and are blaming the the schools who follow the NCAA guidelines instead of an internal rule.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Since we are following as the rule was intended, yes I don't think it's fair. But if you think pulling scholarships from players like Butch does is right, I guess we can agree to disagree what's right and wrong.

Maybe Coach Mac ( from his experience at Bama) tries to go there, but I hope not)