Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Which Under Gunnel LED lights?

I was thinking of putting in some LED lights under my gunnel's. I know there are different types and brands. Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with them? They would be going on a 30 ft center console.

Thanks

Replies

• Jeff_HollidayJeff_Holliday Senior Member Posts: 500 Deckhand
    We use Lumitec in everything we build and have yet to hear a negative review.
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Senior Member Atlantic Beach, FloridaPosts: 5,222 Admiral
    Lumitec makes the best quality lights at a fair price in my opinion as well.

For under gunnel lights, I prefer the 16' "Flexible waterproof led strip" it's not made by lumitec bit some company in china, and about 20 manufacturers have put their names on them but they are the same lights. If you search them, you will find the same lights with different names, priced every where from $20 to over $100!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Senior Member Atlantic Beach, FloridaPosts: 5,222 Admiral
    Jeff, congratulations on your contract with Dorado. Mack is telling me he is excited about your product and it has been a pleasure to work with you. Please keep me in mind if you need wires pulled, etc in your tops, I work with all of the top guys.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • Jeff_HollidayJeff_Holliday Senior Member Posts: 500 Deckhand
    Thanks Tony, I'll certainly let you know if we need anything. Things have been going well and Dorado boats is certainly a step in the right direction. We have a couple other custom builders that we are working out the details with.