Phillipe park

I haven't posted a report in a while but I am mainly doing this just to give hope to the last guys in the thread about Phillipe. Went out Tuesday around 4pm for the incoming tide and figured I'd fish until sundown. The areas that I fish, this is the only place that allows me to escape that NW winter wind. I was wading for a while throwing live shrimp on a #1 circle hook with a lite split.. No action.. Usual for Phillipe for me in the past. Not even the mullet that are everywhere in the warmer months, besides the random jumper here and there. Finally in real calm water around 2 ft I see some movement. It wasn't reds but just really calm mullet not jumping or moving fast.. I cast to the area and within 30 seconds im on. Ended up being a nice 24 red, great fight and healthy fish.. He came home to be the star of my fish Taco dinner. Beautiful day and a reminder for me to not give up on Philllipe park..

Replies

• Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,082 Moderator
    Right in my backyard, nice.
  • cseng123cseng123 Posts: 365 Deckhand
    Great report. I love fishing Phillipe. Dont really slay them out there, but have caught a handful of nice reds there.
  • ElkchaserElkchaser Posts: 180 Deckhand
    That is just about what I do in OTB....A lotta fishing,a few fish. Caught a snooklet and had a pretty good strike fly fishing between Phillipe and safety harbor tonight. Beaut of an evening with the sunset
  • ATbuckhunterATbuckhunter Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Nice! Ive caught some nice fish there in the past but I haven't caught anything thing there the last couple times I've been there.
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,215 Captain
    Let's meet up and fish there!
  • Moken10Moken10 Posts: 292 Deckhand
    I'm up for it. Usually I will kayak out that way. I was trying to get into flounder on that ledge but no takers. I want to try to target them next time
  • Sparty52Sparty52 Posts: 48 Deckhand
    Nice job! I usually fish there but haven't caught any reds or snook there yet. Spooked a lot from wading, which is why I now kayak back there.

Good Job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tight Lines and Happy Fishing!
  • lone_wolf45lone_wolf45 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Man I have tried and tried Philippe Park and nothing. I've been there when people rip some out but I've never had any good luck when I go. Nice Red!