Home Politics

Honest Question for the Anti-Gun LWNJ's?

NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
What would you do?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/daily-extras/chilling-video-machete-wielding-man-shot-after-breaking-down-door-intending-to-murder

You can see video of a real life home invasion at the link above.

Truly interested in your opinion for what the proper course of action should be in this situation.

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Can you post this in all regions and sections so everyone that does not have the internet will see it?

Edit: Kick the big knife out of his hands
    Vote for the other candidate
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    [video=youtube_share;qliPBMhIL3E]
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Can you post this in all regions and sections so everyone that does not have the internet will see it?

OK, I will.

Thanks Captain Ninja!
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Naw!!!! Just give the idiot what he needed, a few GSWs

Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    What would you do?

Truly interested in your opinion for what the proper course of action should be in this situation.

re. the thread title, why is this directed at anti-gun LWNJs? There aren't any anti-gun LWNJs on this forum, so you may not get any 'honest' responses.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Don't even need a machete to break through one of those cheap hollow core doors.
    NACl probably can't even imagine "There aren't any anti-gun LWNJs on this forum"? Suspect it contradicts his preconceived view.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    There aren't any anti-gun LWNJs on this forum, so you may not get any 'honest' responses.

Some pro-gun RWNJs on this forum have accused me of being their boogeyman, but it usually ends up where I've had more guns & shooting experience than they could even imagine.

And I don't need to see a "a real life home invasion" video b/c I'm the survivor of a real life home invasion.
    OK
    And I don't need to see a "a real life home invasion" video

Interesting
    b/c I'm the survivor of a real life home invasion.

Tell us about it, how did you handle the situation? Details Please
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Ahhhhh yes, we have us a new Timmy Topper
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Vote for the other candidate
    NACl probably can't even imagine "There aren't any anti-gun LWNJs on this forum"? Suspect it contradicts his preconceived view..

I could be wrong, but NACI's idea of an anti-gun LWNJ is anyone who advocates for better background checks, closing gun-show loopholes, easier removal of guns from someone with mental disorders, .... things that might save a life or three. Sure, people drown in backyard pools and fall off ladders, all preventable, and we make honest efforts to prevent them. We have fences and gate latches and other access regulations to 'reduce' children's access to pools. We have warnings on ladders, all with good intentions to help make people aware of the dangers of using the top rung of the ladder. They're not perfect, but they help.

Ask for better background checks... boom, you're an anti-gun LWNJ. It's befuddling.
    I could be wrong, but NACI's idea of an anti-gun LWNJ is anyone who advocates for better background checks, closing gun-show loopholes, easier removal of guns from someone with mental disorders, .... things that might save a life or three. Sure, people drown in backyard pools and fall off ladders, all preventable, and we make honest efforts to prevent them. We have fences and gate latches and other access regulations to 'reduce' children's access to pools. We have warnings on ladders, all with good intentions to help make people aware of the dangers of using the top rung of the ladder. They're not perfect, but they help.

Ask for better background checks... boom, you're an anti-gun LWNJ. It's befuddling.

While your little diatribe is amusing, you've peaked my curiosity.

What is a "better background check"......in your own words. Please.
    While your little diatribe is amusing, you've peaked my curiosity.

How should I know? All I read is some people advocate for 'better background checks', the NRA goes batchit crazy, and you applaud the NRA.

Since I think you're opposed to 'em, you tell us what it is you find so objectionable.
    How should I know? All I read is some people advocate for 'better background checks', the NRA goes batchit crazy, and you applaud the NRA.

:Spittingcoffee

You can't even define what a "better background check" is, yet you're "befuddled" over the situation.....as usual, this place is just a playground for mindless trolls.

You seriously can't make this nonsense up!
    :Spittingcoffee

You can't even define what a "better background check" is, yet you're "befuddled" over the situation.....as usual, this place is just a playground for mindless trolls.

Was this place intended for anything else?
    Was this place intended for anything else?

Yes, it is fun to take a jab at one another occasionally, but, at times it's enjoyable to have an actual discussion on topics. I doubt anyone thinks they're "saving the world" by posting on FSFF.....but when everything is just an infantile troll.....it gets lame, real fast.

The main reason I rarely engage with you in any discussion.
    IMHO "an anti-gun" nut, of any kind, would be somebody "who advocates for... removal of guns from" everyone except law enforcement & military.

Anybody who simply doesn't want a gun themselves can't be fairly assumed to be anti-gun. Ditto non-hunters. Met several bow hunters that don't shoot. They take Deer, Hogs & Turkey right inside developments.

Have never read any post here where anyone ever advocated, or even hinted, for the "removal of guns".

What we do have here & in great abundance, are Gun Nutz who have often claimed that; 'Obama is plotting, planning & going to take away all our guns'! Even as gun sales shattered all records & industry expectations.

When I mentioned buying a gun at a County Sheriff sanctioned & attended gun show, w/o so much as providing my name & a couple of observations of the Flea Market Loop Hole.... "boom, (I was labeled) an anti-gun LWNJ"

Pro-gun RWNJ's couldn't even imagine what had just been written in B&W, in Plain English, right in front of them.

Yup! "It's befuddling."
    Yes, it is fun to take a jab at one another occasionally, but, at times it's enjoyable to have an actual discussion on topics. I doubt anyone thinks they're "saving the world" by posting on FSFF.....but when everything is just an infantile troll.....it gets lame, real fast.

The main reason I rarely engage with you in any discussion.

I've submitted a hundred plus honest thoughtful replies to posts in this playground only to see idiotic interpretations. I could ask a question like "what is wrong with expanded background checks?" and someone will come along and ask "why do you want to take everyone's guns away?".

This forum is a playground for amusement only. Everyone, except maybe you, knows that.
    This forum is a playground for amusement only. Everyone, except maybe you, knows that.

Go back to posting your 25 troll threads per day using huffpost opinion pieces.

That's about all you can handle.
    Go back to posting your 25 troll threads per day using huffpost opinion pieces.

I will, thanks for your approval to do so....
    Thanks for so quickly & thoroughly proving the point. Nobody, not phil or anyone else, needs to know the technicalities of "a better background check". It's sufficient to know & appreciate that there are gaping Loop Holes in whatever semblance of any background check system we have. Am confident that in minutes phil COULD easily "define what a better background check is" - IF he were so motivated.

You seriously can't make this nonsense up!

You proved "this place is just a playground for mindless trolls" by being the "mindless troll" who made up this "nonsense" title & posted it.

We're "befuddled" b/c you still Can't Read the Hand Writing On the Wall - NOT even your own!

What don't you understand about my purchasing a gun, at a County Sheriff sanctioned gun show, w/o so much as providing my name?

Do you deny it is even easier to buy guns at Flea Markets, as if there could be less scrutiny?

You seriously should just be honest, come out & advocate for eliminating all background checks.
    We're "befuddled" b/c you still Can't Read the Hand Writing On the Wall - NOT even your own!

"we" I didn't realize you now speak for all self-admitted trolls on this site.

You seriously should just be honest, come out & advocate for eliminating all background checks.

On top of being a mind reader!

I can't say I'm not impressed with you abilities.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral

Let's apply all of the same regulations to the 1st as well. We want reasonable laws to ensure you don't yell fire in a crowded theater.
    There you go again, making ridiculous insinuations. You "didn't realize" it b/c it never happened. You should "realize" the "we" in this situation refers to phil & I at the least & contributors to this thread at the very most. Nonparticipants of any stripe "on this site" obviously don't enter into it.
    "we" I didn't realize you now speak for all self-admitted trolls on this site.

On top of being a mind reader!

I can't say I'm not impressed with you abilities.

Because you're "a mindless troll" who seems to want to claim they haven't "come out" with a position on background checks you got called on it - "seriously you should just be honest". But your claim to fame appears to be remaining dishonest by omission & being a crank.

Which allows me to honestly "say I'm not impressed with you abilities"
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,139 Captain

There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole". Firearm sales by licensed dealers require a background check regardless of the location of the actual transfer. Sales from one private person to another do no require background checks in FL- gun show or parking lot at Walmart.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,060 Captain
    m9000 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole". Firearm sales by licensed dealers require a background check regardless of the location of the actual transfer. Sales from one private person to another do no require background checks in FL- gun show or parking lot at Walmart.
    Now, now, don't confuse people with facts. You're spoiling their fun.
  • Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Now, now, don't confuse people with facts. You're spoiling their fun.

"We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone. That means closing the Hinckley loophole so the records of those adjudicated mentally ill are in the system. This is not new or a change of position or a concession. I have been on the record on this point consistently, from our national meeting in Denver to paid national ads and position papers, to news interviews, and press appearances." Wayne LaPierre

Odd wonder why he was for pushing to close a gun show loophole then?
    What would Wayne LaPierre know? m9000 believes "There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole" & pottydoc concurred.
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    "We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone. That means closing the Hinckley loophole so the records of those adjudicated mentally ill are in the system. This is not new or a change of position or a concession. I have been on the record on this point consistently, from our national meeting in Denver to paid national ads and position papers, to news interviews, and press appearances." Wayne LaPierre

Odd wonder why he was for pushing to close a gun show loophole then?

There anything ambiguous about "instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show"?
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,139 Captain
    What would Wayne LaPierre know? m9000 believes "There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole" & pottydoc concurred.

There anything ambiguous about "instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show"?

Cite the law that creates the "gun show loophole".
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    Thanks for so quickly & thoroughly proving the point. Nobody, not phil or anyone else, needs to know the technicalities of "a better background check". It's sufficient to know & appreciate that there are gaping Loop Holes in whatever semblance of any background check system we have. Am confident that in minutes phil COULD easily "define what a better background check is" - IF he were so motivated.

You proved "this place is just a playground for mindless trolls" by being the "mindless troll" who made up this "nonsense" title & posted it.

What don't you understand about my purchasing a gun, at a County Sheriff sanctioned gun show, w/o so much as providing my name?

Do you deny it is even easier to buy guns at Flea Markets, as if there could be less scrutiny?

So, name the 'loop holes' in the NICS check.
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).