Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

At Least One Officer gets hit ... Thank God it is about time

Replies

• fishknut wrote: »
    Facts are not needed in this discussion please move along

How about the fact that Triple X is not a very good shot? I think that's relevant
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,585 Captain
    fishknut wrote: »
    As far as your parking issue, take pics and send it to the appropriate agency and demand resolution

And how do you know that he didn't see something suspicious and parked where he could to investigate.

Personally I have no problem with officers speeding (to a limit of course) or parking in non designated areas. Anyone who has a high risk of going to work one day and never coming home again to his family because he is protecting the public deserves a perk or two. I'm not sure why that drives some people so crazy. When I see an officer speeding I don't give it another thought. It is usually about 3 to 5 miles over the speed limit which is what everyone else was doing before they saw him in the first place.
  • DronephotoDronephoto Posts: 949 Officer
    Oh you all fired up now? No facts needed just get right to the nitty gritty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,921 Captain
    And how do you know that he didn't see something suspicious and parked where he could to investigate.

Personally I have no problem with officers speeding (to a limit of course) or parking in non designated areas. Anyone who has a high risk of going to work one day and never coming home again to his family because he is protecting the public deserves a perk or two. I'm not sure why that drives some people so crazy. When I see an officer speeding I don't give it another thought. It is usually about 3 to 5 miles over the speed limit which is what everyone else was doing before they saw him in the first place.

We don't but I'm assuming drone sees it happen all the time. I was giving drone the benefit of the doubt, it's ashame it's such a one way street
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
    Dronephoto wrote: »
    Oh you all fired up now? No facts needed just get right to the nitty gritty

Are you dragging us down to your level and going to beat us with experience?
    How about the fact that Triple X is not a very good shot? I think that's relevant

This is spot on relevant no doubt

Are you dragging us down to your level and going to beat us with experience?

:spitting coffee really you wanna have a public debate about how far off it you are. Let's all take a minute to start from post 1 and read to this post and then let's see if we want to continue this discussion or whatever you wanna call it.

• tankardtankard Posts: 7,030 Admiral
    Facts are not needed in this discussion please move along

BS.

The fact is, a civilian would have gotten at least some jail time, and you know it.
    We don't but I'm assuming drone sees it happen all the time. I was giving drone the benefit of the doubt, it's ashame it's such a one way street

Ummm it's my community where I live I see where the LEO park at their house and then since there's only space for 1 in driveway I also observe when they park illegally with no penalty. I've observed LEO park and walk to his home. I've questioned LEO why he never receives a ticket and he told me "your wasting your time kid"
    So that's that.
    Where does your experience come into play with whether or not LEO should be held to a higher standard MR big shot? That's the debate here. Not whether there is bad apples or professions have bad apples but why do you believe LEO should not be held to a higher standard and the it should be equal standards no variations?
    My references to tickets, traffic infractions, and police abuse of power is to show that there is a double standard held and a blind eye turned towards LEO and that's a fact. BAD APPLES SHOULDN'T EXIST IN YOUR PROFESSION not on duty bad apples not off duty bad apples. And when there is bad apples they should face a extreme sentencing because of that oath they took and the badge they wore. 0 tolerance for LEO offenses if your a LEO and found guilty your getting the book see ya later.
    Let's think about it. a off duty BSO officer fired live rounds out the window of a vehicle. What does your experience tell you about that situation? Where was that LEO's mind in those moments? That's also the same person that from enlisting into police academy until that moment was trusted to uphold the law. Do you see the problem or are you to worried about trying to put holes in solid facts

:spitting coffee really you wanna have a public debate about how far off it you are. Let's all take a minute to start from post 1 and read to this post and then let's see if we want to continue this discussion or whatever you wanna call it.

You have more people questioning your post. Tankard is on my butt but that is par for the course and I don't even count him
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 11,245 AG
    Higher standard? No. Equal standards for everyone no variation. As for as Leo's speeding when not on calls, there are many incidents when a Leo is enroute to a call and he gets cancelled. So the public sees a Leo speeding because a fellow Leo is asking for help then situation is brought under control and the back up Leo is cancelled. And the public is none the wiser. As far as **** by a Leo if he is guilty I would personally cuff him and transport him He should be afforded the same process as you. You are jaded almost as bad as tankard so having conversation with you and showing you the other side is futile. But I'm in the hospital today with a family member so I have time.
    Just curios if you really believe there are no occupations that have to adhere to a higher standard of conduct, with higher penalties for infractions?
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,806 Admiral
    Just curios if you really believe there are no occupations that have to adhere to a higher standard of conduct, with higher penalties for infractions?

...don't mean to jump in...but...

"IF" there is one "profession"...so to say...that should be held accountable to a "higher standard" than the rest of us....then maybe it should be Priests and holy men of various sects who profess "the love of god"....yet **** young boys.....and are then protected by their higher up's.

My opinion is that the rules are the rules for everyone no matter race, religious preference, and ethnicity. There are rules and laws in place to help govern those in authority positions. If a Leo is found guilty of a crime he should receive the same penalty as you
    My opinion is that the rules are the rules for everyone no matter race, religious preference, and ethnicity. There are rules and laws in place to help govern those in authority positions. If a Leo is found guilty of a crime he should receive the same penalty as you

I'm not sure you exactly know what it means to be held to a higher standard you seem to be getting it confused with being given the same rights as a ordinary citizen and given the same due process. Neither of those are being held to a higher standard and your lack of understanding that goes to show your views are flawed my friend.

Being held to a higher standard:
    It means to judge them on a basis above the norm. To expect more than what is to be the normal behavior of everybody else.
    EX: I hold you to a higher standard.
    Means I expect you to be better.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/14/obama-scolds-police-missouri-must-be-held-higher-s/?page=all

Here's your president agreeing people of authority should be held to a higher standard
    Do I need to keep posting supporti facts that your off your rocker and your logic is a bit skewed with the general public

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_arch&article_id=1054&issue_id=112006

First sentence in the second paragraph comes from someone in your profession FISHKNUT still want to stick to your story ?

How about since YOU don't want to be held to a higher standard you turn your badge in and kick rocks. Go slice lunch meat at publix where the standard isn't very hard to uphold :spitting coffee

so you are ok with a pilot flying with the same allowable BAC as someone behind the wheel of a car?
    I disagree as for LEO getting the same treatment upon conviction, it should be steeper.
    How about since YOU don't want to be held to a higher standard you turn your badge in and kick rocks. Go slice lunch meat at publix where the standard isn't very hard to uphold :spitting coffee

You asked my opinion and I gave it. I can handle the fact we can agree to disagree, can you or does everybody have to conform to your belief. The fact that I believe the rules apply to everyone equally is my opinion. I conduct myself professionally weather dealing with a know it all like you or a crack head. You should try and concentrate on the positive things in life and not be so jaded. Yes you are jaded. I respect your opinion why can't you do the same without insulting me or suggesting I change my career. I'll bet you my last dollar if our paths crossed professionally you would tag me as one if the good guys. Of course that's if I rembered to signal when turning into your community
    so you are ok with a pilot flying with the same allowable BAC as someone behind the wheel of a car?
    I disagree as for LEO getting the same treatment upon conviction, it should be steeper.

Isn't that apples and oranges? You're comparing the bac of a pilot to the operator of a vehicle? Truthly I don't know what is the allowable bac allowed by the FAA. I respect your opinion, don't agree with it, but respect it.
    You asked my opinion and I gave it. I can handle the fact we can agree to disagree, can you or does everybody have to conform to your belief. The fact that I believe the rules apply to everyone equally is my opinion. I conduct myself professionally weather dealing with a know it all like you or a crack head. You should try and concentrate on the positive things in life and not be so jaded. Yes you are jaded. I respect your opinion why can't you do the same without insulting me or suggesting I change my career. I'll bet you my last dollar if our paths crossed professionally you would tag me as one if the good guys. Of course that's if I rembered to signal when turning into your community

I'm not saying your a bad LEO or even a unprofessional LEO. I'm simply saying it concerns me as a citizen when a LEO thinks he shouldn't be held to a higher standard. That's all. It's not about making you wrong and being right. You speak of this "disillusionment" I have that's what jaded is. Where is my disillusionment with LE?

• chubascochubasco Posts: 18,386 AG

40 year old male teacher has sex with 13 year old female student. 40 year old taxicab driver has sex with 13 year old next door neighbors daughter. Under the law the teacher gets more jail time. Care to guess why.
    Chubasco.jpg
    chubasco wrote: »
    40 year old male teacher has sex with 13 year old female student. 40 year old taxicab driver has sex with 13 year old next door neighbors daughter. Under the law the teacher gets more jail time. Care to guess why.

Mitagating and aggravating circumstances within each case

Isn't that apples and oranges? You're comparing the bac of a pilot to the operator of a vehicle? Truthly I don't know what is the allowable bac allowed by the FAA. I respect your opinion, don't agree with it, but respect it.

I am comparing the average person to a professional. The unacceptable BAC limit for a pilot or a person with a captains license to operate a boat is 0.04% or greater, which i believe is half of the general population if I am not wrong. So if it is ok to hold some professionals to a higher standard of professionalism a LEO should be at the top of the list.
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 3,071 Captain
    Picture were taken, all that fancy political stuff was done and nothing. It's a joke. But glad we agree on the issue

Ummm it's my community where I live I see where the LEO park at their house and then since there's only space for 1 in driveway I also observe when they park illegally with no penalty. I've observed LEO park and walk to his home. I've questioned LEO why he never receives a ticket and he told me "your wasting your time kid"
    So that's that.

I don't feel like searching for your nail in the tire thread, but not only do I think I solved it I think it is laughable you said you never got sideways with anyone in your neighborhood.
    I don't feel like searching for your nail in the tire thread, but not only do I think I solved it I think it is laughable you said you never got sideways with anyone in your neighborhood.

It was solved ended up being 12 year old little punk and his mom and dad brought him to my house to apologize and face me. Glad I could make you laugh though that is important these days.

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 3,071 Captain
    It was solved ended up being 12 year old little punk and his mom and dad brought him to my house to apologize and face me. Glad I could make you laugh though that is important these days.

Was his punishment nonstop dribble about being held to a higher standard for being in middle school vs elementary? Make him pay!

Laughter is the best medicine :grin
    Was his punishment nonstop dribble about being held to a higher standard for being in middle school vs elementary? Make him pay!

Laughter is the best medicine :grin

No I punched the kid in the mouth and told him to watch his back