Home General Fishing

Jumping across and around the state

2»

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,014 Moderator
    We have about 6 gallons of frozen scallops in the freezer. The bay scallops are smaller, but you make up for it with quantity.

But then you have to clean them all :thumbsup I like to gather scallops, but it usually takes me as long or longer to clean them then it does to find them.

BTW, Wade What's all that white stuff?? :huh
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,492 Officer
    ericf wrote: »
    You can move around and fish different waters every day for the rest of your life and not see it all. Or, you can fish Tampa Bay for the rest of your life and not uncover every secret.

What do you prefer? Endless exploration? Or uncovering and following productive patterns with little new discoveries in already known-to-you areas?

It should also be mentioned that travel time in FL is longer than most people from up north think (in my experience). In the Tampa area you will be fairly central, but plug in some popular destinations to a maps app or website and see what the drive times are. With a 2 hour radius, you chop off a lot of area.

The same could also go for bass fishing really. The amount of fishable water in Florida is mind-boggling. You couldn't see it all in a lifetime. Like Keith (bluefishinny) above, I grew up fishing inshore and bass in south FL, and have slowly branched out from there (and moved a bit). Even fishing those smaller inland waters as much as we both did, I'm sure there were things right there that we never discovered.

Cool discussion, and the answer makes you ask philosophical questions about yourself.

Well said Eric!!!!
  • Wade BWade B Posts: 259 Deckhand
    BTW, Wade What's all that white stuff?? :huh

Hellish powder that falls from the sky and magically raises a persons aggravation level by an easy 50%.

We joked about bringing the snowblower with us to Florida just so I can bask in the wonders of people asking me what that thing is.
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer
    Heh...you'll replace the snow blower with a pressure washer most likely.
    -
    Chris
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod