Home General Fishing

Redfish in boca raton?

ReelOfSteelReelOfSteel Posts: 171 Deckhand
Just wondering if anyone has seen or fished for redfish in boca raton. I've been trying to find some forever but no luck. Appreciate the help!:smiley-computer

Replies

• Nick561Nick561 Posts: 339 Deckhand
    They are there. Few and far between
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,003 Admiral
    Seawalls are not conductive to Redfish.
    Flats , Grass Beds, Mangroves and Oyster Beds are...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • p914p914 Posts: 501 Deckhand
    drive up to indian river lagoon fish between Stuart & north of Fort Pierce.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    My grandfather used to in that area in the 50s and 60s....before most of the development....like turner said, its not the right habitat.
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,030 Officer
    Lake Worth really isn't the right habitat, either - but they're sometimes there, and in good numbers. Fishing the channel edge across from the Rybovich/Spencer Marina, five of us released 21 in a couple of hours' time, with all but one short red being in the slot. They probably move in and out of most of the inlets along the east coast of Florida at one time or another. Capt. Greg Bogdan has, at times, caught large reds between the jetties (in the channel) of Palm Beach (Lake Worth) Inlet, and I've received reports of reds being caught in the Earman River. However, what the other fellows have posted is right on track - if you want a good shot, go north (East Coast) or west (to the Gulf Coast), and follow Turner River Terror's habitat suggestions.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    waldnerr wrote: »
    Lake Worth really isn't the right habitat, either - but they're sometimes there, and in good numbers. Fishing the channel edge across from the Rybovich/Spencer Marina, five of us released 21 in a couple of hours' time, with all but one short red being in the slot. They probably move in and out of most of the inlets along the east coast of Florida at one time or another. Capt. Greg Bogdan has, at times, caught large reds between the jetties (in the channel) of Palm Beach (Lake Worth) Inlet, and I've received reports of reds being caught in the Earman River. However, what the other fellows have posted is right on track - if you want a good shot, go north (East Coast) or west (to the Gulf Coast), and follow Turner River Terror's habitat suggestions.
    Probably the mullet run or when the pogies spawn. Everyone joins the buffet around those times
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,030 Officer
    That might well be the case - it may be a spawning aggregation, or they may be following some kind of forage fish.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,121 Admiral
    waldnerr wrote: »
    It is also a good place to see bonefish in the spring
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    Correct, there is a non targetable population of redfish in the palm beach area....if someone knows how to target the fish on a continuous basis, they are going to keep it to themselves....I have caught reds during the mullet run....I have been on the boynton jetty when there were 300 or more fish caught during a tide change.....crazy stuff.
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.