New guy here

New guy from NY here. Watched this forum for a little while and decided it was time to join. I've been fishing in the Tampa bay area for around 11-12 years but just started getting into trout and red fish fishing in the last couple years. Only come down a few weeks out of the year so you may hear some newbie questions from me since I don't have all that much experience. Its a pleasure to be here and hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys.

Replies

• spydermonkeyspydermonkey Posts: 765 Officer
    Welcome
    "Insert intelligent sounding quote here"
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,057 AG
    Welcome AT, feel free to ask away. :thumbsup

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,647 AG
    Welcome aboard.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,201 Captain
    Welcome aboard.

+1
  • hambone868hambone868 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    im on the same plan as you just joined and heading to st petes next month will be following too and hoping to get some tips as well
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,281 Officer
    Welcome
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,980 Moderator
    Welcome to West Central, where in NY do you hail from?
  • ATbuckhunterATbuckhunter Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    I appreciate the welcome guys! I'm from one of the boroughs of NYC. You from NY reel?
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,980 Moderator
    Yes sir, from Northport, L.I. though, I've been in FL for 30 years.
  • ATbuckhunterATbuckhunter Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    That's funny because I used to fish oyster bay for Stripers and Porgy twice a week. Glad to have a fellow New Yorker here!
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,078 Admiral
    Howdy!
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Sparty52Sparty52 Posts: 48 Deckhand
    Welcome aboard! I can attest that the people on this forum have been FANTASTIC at helping out "newbies". I have learned a lot from this site, and I am new to saltwater fishing.

NOW I AM HOOKED ON IT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tight Lines and Happy Fishing!