Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

SLI 9/28 SLOW DAY SO LET'S CALL IT: BRIEFS OR SHORTS??

The LET'S GO team today Eric (Plane Fish N) Chad aka Sailman, Dan (reel Cs) and Bo (LET'S GO) launched NRS at 7:00 am with no waiting.

Just under Rosevelt Bridge and to the left we cought a few mullet.

Ran to what I call Hammock Island we stoped and BO JUMPED in to catch bait, this is where we call it BRIEFS OR SHORTS????
LETSGOFISH021.jpg
As we have poor eye sight I contracted with a outside sorce to spot bait. He was cheep only 2 mullet, He wanted another 5 to spot Dolphin. We would live to regret not paying*^#@+
LETSGOFISH022.jpg

After a good spoting of bait by (WHITTIE) we had about 4 dozen fine bait, and headed to deep water and what we hoped to be weed lines and Dolphin. We should have sprung for the 5 mullet to (WHITTIE) we wouln have found more fish.&*([email protected]!

After trolling to EGYPT and back with NATA we bagan thinking that (WHITTIE) was a good thing.

In about 75 ft we droped live bait in and had a verrrry short encounter with MR SAIL. Sail on Sail off. Dan was on the rod.

LETSGOFISH024.jpg

Back at the house BONES:dog Had the debriefing under control

LETSGOFISH018.jpg

Please no dogs comsumed any controle substance.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"

Replies

• PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    That picture of Dan says a lot!!!!!!! Even Bones was sulking. It was slow inshore too down here - got lucky on a hoo this morning. We'll get them next time.
  • Reel CsReel Cs Posts: 255 Officer
    Always love your sense of humor, Bo. As usual, a good time was had by all. Thank you.
    TIGHT LINES FROM DAN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    The Black drum bite has been strong on the inside, live shrimp.
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Actually,

If you look at the bird, he is staring at Bo and wondering "what species is this..who has skinnier legs than I do?????" :grin:grin

We were all a little concerned when we saw Bo taking his belt and unbuckling it, slowly running his zipper down and then taking off his shorts. :hairraiser

All 3 of us were ready to abandon ship not knowing what he was doing. :rotflmao

Seriously, another fine day on the water with great friends and a great son (Chad). :funnypost

Cheers guys

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    Bo nice job on catching the bait.Dan tell the crew to stop giving you rubber hooks :hairraiser.Eric I'm sure you gave Dan some consoling after he lost that sail :banghead.Love the pic of Bones. I guess he started the debriefing session without you guys. I'm sure you'll get them next time.Tight lines and screeming drags.:thumbsup
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Excellent post guys, sure you guys had a blast even if you did not catch anything besides a buzz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Hey gang thanks for the replies.

PAULBOAT
    Dan has that same LOOK all the time. BONES just wants to have fun he loves people.
    :dog

DAN REEL Cs
    You are a good friend and fishing bud, I dont care what Eric sez.

RockNREELER
    Its bin a long time that I have fished for Black Drum they sure can pull your string. Good luck with them.

ERIC PLANE FISH n
    That bird can spot bait but does not know a great set of LEGS!

rowerybo
    You right there is always next time maybe that why its called FISHING not CATCHING*

ontheedge5658
    Dan prefers rubber hooks as they dont hurt him, BONES is a lover he thinks the world is his. All he wants to do is play he learned that from me.

fishingbuddies
    Yes we have a excellent time our motto is.MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT!

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    That picture of Dan says a lot!!!!!!! Even Bones was sulking.

Hey Paul,

That picture of Dan is showing you his happy side! :hairraiser

You should see him when he is angry. :Spittingcoffee

We love the guy anyhow.

Seriously, Dan is a great guy and a good sport.... He has to be hanging around me. :grin

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Thanks for the report Bo... Keepem coming.
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Looks like it was a beautiful day out there, too bad u couldn't find Whitty's friend Offshore to lead you to the fish. Great post as always!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Your shorts are just the right length for next years fashion trend. Ive sold boardshorts for the last 39 years and next year SHORT is back in style. All the major companioes like Billabong and Oneil are pushing the shorter length for 2012. The high school age boys were all over the short stuff this year. So you waited 20 years to "get back in style"
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    Bo is always ahead of the curve when it comes to fashion.
  • Bite N HoldBite N Hold Posts: 1,328 Officer
    Is that Newt Gingrich in that first pic? I didn't know he was from around here or could throw a cast net for that matter....:grin:
    FOR SALE-Old Homosassa Vacation Rental
    http://www.vrbo.com/105186

"No matter the size of the fish, you can only put a bite size peice in your mouth."
  • ObsessionObsession Posts: 228 Deckhand
    Hey now. You can't catch em sitting on the couch! Sounds like a fun trip anyway.

Stay Safe
    Chris

Stay Safe

Chris

Entry Point Decorative Door Glass. Stuart FL (Family Business) 772-463-6500

Barrell wrote: »
    Your shorts are just the right length for next years fashion trend. Ive sold boardshorts for the last 39 years and next year SHORT is back in style. All the major companioes like Billabong and Oneil are pushing the shorter length for 2012. The high school age boys were all over the short stuff this year. So you waited 20 years to "get back in style"

Uh yeah...

But what about the slit in the front????

These aren't those kind of shorts. :Spittingcoffee

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Ocean MotionOcean Motion Posts: 583 Officer
    Dan bears a very strong resemblance to one of my neighbors....they could pass for twins! :grin
    Dan bears a very strong resemblance to one of my neighbors....they could pass for twins! :grin
    :hairraiser:hairraiser:hairraiser

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    JEFF AlwaysForward
    Yes I will post as often as I can hope to report CATCHING not just BS>

SHOELESS
    We missed the boat with WHITTIE but I E/MAILED him and he is on stand by for next trip!

BARRELl
    I messed up on post it should be BOXERS OR BRIEFS?????

ontheedge5658
    Thanks for the vote of confidence I try to stay in the PASSING LANE!!

Bite N Hold
    Newt Gingrich???? I have bin called a lot of things but never that!

Obession
    Chris you are absolutely right IF YOU DONT GO YOU WONT KNOW.

Plan Fish n
    Leave it up to ERIC to point that out. Eric LET'S GO I heat they are in DEEEEP water.

Ocean Motion
    My sympathy to your neighbor.

LET'S GO wrote: »

Plan Fish n
    Leave it up to ERIC to point that out. Eric LET'S GO I heat they are in DEEEEP water.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:grin:grin ... Now don't get too sensitive Bo... after all, I did point out those spectacular legs.

Eric
    PLANE FISH N