Tourtuga Fishing with Capt Shane 1/5 to 1/9/15

We had a great trip with a limit of Groupers and a great catch of mutton to get better then half our snapper limit. Shane did a great job putting us on the fish, even when we had wind against the current most the trip. The Reds where everywhere. We did some deep dropping for yellow eye and had a great red bite and muttons came over the rail as well. Mostly all mutton were of good size, although we didn't weight any I'd say mostly in the 12 to 14 range with some topping 15 lb. The usual suspects also showed, Kings, Zeros, Porgies, Mangroves, Bkackfins ect. Great trip with a great crew!

Replies

• duke6543duke6543 Posts: 336 Deckhand
    Thanks fro sharing. Looks like ya'll had a great trip.
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Great photos and awesome fish. Doing that trip is on my list, looks like an awesome time.
  • SnaphappySnaphappy Posts: 1,405 Officer
    Nice job!
  • cudamancudaman Kendal LakesPosts: 404 Deckhand
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,201 Captain
    What bait did you use?
  • ewilson102ewilson102 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    We used a number of baits on this trip. Striped out kings, blue runners, goggles, we caught at night before the moon rose. The Reds were biting everything on this trip, even frozen squids. As for the muttons, they love their goggles, kings and blue runners.
    Its a trip I've been doing since 2000 on a number of boats, but first time on Yuris' and already book him for next year.
  • NightlifeNightlife Posts: 45 Deckhand
    Have a trip booked with Capt Shane in April. Cant wait!
    Formally Flatsfish B, until the great forum crash of the 21st century.
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,201 Captain
    ewilson102 wrote: »
    We used a number of baits on this trip. Striped out kings, blue runners, goggles, we caught at night before the moon rose. The Reds were biting everything on this trip, even frozen squids. As for the muttons, they love their goggles, kings and blue runners.
    Its a trip I've been doing since 2000 on a number of boats, but first time on Yuris' and already book him for next year.

Did you bring live bait with you? How did you get the live bait?
  • SammyTSammyT Posts: 85 Greenhorn
    Nice! Which boat? Lauren Jeanne?
  • chumbags1976chumbags1976 Posts: 100 Officer
    When in April? You going on griffiths boat?
  • chumbags1976chumbags1976 Posts: 100 Officer
    When in April? You going on When in April? You going on griffiths boat? boat?
    Hhh
    FishInFL wrote: »
    Did you bring live bait with you? How did you get the live bait?
    We jigged for live bait before the moon came up with sabiki rigs. Shane got the live well going and it wasn't much trouble filling it with Gogs. Shane would see them on his screen and let you know at what depth to jig, once you hit the magic place they would come up four to six at a time. All perfect size.
    SammyT wrote: »
    Nice! Which boat? Lauren Jeanne?
    That's the boat! Like I said been fishing these trips since 2000 on a number of boats, FFF, YC mainly. But after that trip its all the LJ, six man charter is a awesome 4 days on the water with close friends!
  • SammyTSammyT Posts: 85 Greenhorn
    ewilson102 wrote: »
    That's the boat! Like I said been fishing these trips since 2000 on a number of boats, FFF, YC mainly. But after that trip its all the LJ, six man charter is a awesome 4 days on the water with close friends!

yea, we were the guys scheduled to get on that boat the afternoon of the 9th when y'all got off. Yuri called it off the day prior because of the weather. Fished him same weekend last year and had a great time. Fished the Fish Finder and Yankee before. No comparison to this guy. Have him booked for April and August 2016. Too bad you have to wait 15 months to get a trip with this guy lol