Home Photography Corner

BOLO: D800 & D700

Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,960 Admiral
Last night somebody stole my Nikon D800 w/24-70 Nikon zoom and my Nikon D700 w/14mm Samyang ultrawide lens. Please be on the look out for anybody selling these items locally or online. I'm also looking for some comparable used equipment. Thank you!
Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events

Replies

• ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    Man I sure hate a friggin thief. Did you provide the SN's to the police? Mine turned up at a pawn shop the same day it was stolen.

Hopefully they catch the scumbag.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,381 AG
    How did they get them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Flash wrote: »
    How did they get them?

:popcorn.

Eric, that sux. Were you at the bar with them? Do yourself a favor and just go get a D750 and D810 and be done with it. Since I am local to you I will definitely be on the lookout. Start trolling Craigslist and Ebay, too.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    I'm sorry to hear that eric. I know my equipment is not top shelf, but you are welcome to it if you need it until you get yourself situated. Just pm me. I live north of you guys; in the cocoa/ titusville area
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Eric,
    i know how you feel...
    i had a camera body, a 70-300mm ef lens, and a flash stolen from me right outside my office door....
    put in a police report with all the serial numbers...
    off course i never heard from the police...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,960 Admiral
    It's a miracle. Somebody returned my cameras in the middle of the night. I guess they felt guilty, or something...whatever...they be home with me, along with all the shots in them.

Thank God!!!!
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,960 Admiral
    My thoughts exactly
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    Dust 'em for prints.

Check the card, might be some clues there too.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    Good deal. Glad you got your stuff back. :)
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    So glad to hear you good news.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
    Probably a Canon guy who couldn't figure them out. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • NSB PhotogNSB Photog Posts: 541 Officer
    Glad to hear you received your gear back, Eric.

Just an FYI, Google actually indexes all of the EXIF data in an image if it is shared publicly on a site that Google has access to (which is most sites out there.) If anyone has a camera that has gone missing, you can try doing a google image search for the serial number and see if anybody out there is using your beloved camera. It also works to see if someone is stealing your images. :wink
    NSB Photog wrote: »
    Glad to hear you received your gear back, Eric.

Just an FYI, Google actually indexes all of the EXIF data in an image if it is shared publicly on a site that Google has access to (which is most sites out there.) If anyone has a camera that has gone missing, you can try doing a google image search for the serial number and see if anybody out there is using your beloved camera. It also works to see if someone is stealing your images. :wink

So you just search the serial number of camera, that is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]