Home Northeast (3 Forums) Sale/Trade

3 Day Mid-Ga Hog Hunt

dtb44dtb44 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
I am not sure who may be interested but my family and a few others have a deer hunting lease that is about 4 hours from Jacksonville and I am planning on trying to get a few hogs killed in the off season. They are a problem we have dealt with for years and we can’t seem to slow them down during the deer season and off season. Really effecting our deer hunting and devastating the crops. The owner of the farm traps and kills as many as he can as well. Some years we have killed 80-100 but they are just getting worse. One parcel of the continuous 1300 acres is old clearcut surrounded by the fields and they are in there thick. I have another 800 acre track down the road which has a good population as well in certain areas. We have a very particular group of hunters and skittish deer which are hard to kill so we really don’t want to just have a hog only memberships; which will pressure the deer year round. Also we don’t want to open up our facility to just anyone to find at the beggining of the year people have trashed it and shot who knows what in the off season. I hate to think the worst but it is reality. In an effort to help out on my lease cost I am offering to take 3-4 guys/gals up to hunt for three days. Leave Thursday mid day hunt that afternoon, Friday, Saturday, Sunday AM and come back Sunday midday. We have a camp (bunk house that sleeps 8 and a bath house to yourself) with power and water but if you prefer to stay in the motel that is fine as well. I will stay in our camper. I would put out a few hundred pounds of corn a week in advance and we would hunt them the following weekend. Hopefully with game cameras we could pattern the feeding and pinpoint what they are doing thru the course of the week. I have plenty of stands up or you could climb. We have about 30 stands out but only about 10 are in the 400 acres which have the most hog activity so that is where I would feed. We will probably ride the fields and shine but if you want to sit at night with whatever high tech equipment you have that is fine as well. That would probably be your best bet as we all know hogs feed at night to avoid the bullet. Kill as many as you want and no trophy fees or and nonsense. We killed several this year around 300+ pounds.

I would be there and help out 100% of the time. I will provide and cook dinner and help out with cleaning the hogs. You worry about breakfast and lunch. Plenty of grocery stores and places to eat within 5 minutes. I am not an outfitter and yes like I said earlier I am trying to offset some hunting cost. We have a problem and no you can’t come hunt them for free. I have been hunting in NE FL and GA for 25+ years and am honest and up front. I expect to kill several hogs but it is hunting. I can guarantee you that I will give it 110% effort. If we don’t kill anything then I would be willing to give you back your hard earned money minus the grocery cost. To make it worth my gas for two trips, food, cost of corn and two days of vacation I would need $2,200 fro 4 people or $2000 for 3. If that sounds crazy then I am sorry but my time away from family comes at a premium to me. Try to find somewhere else cheaper. If this is something you may be interested in please PM me. We can exchange numbers or meet in person. I was thinking some weekend in February as that will give us our best results. We could also throw in some bass fishing, arrow head hunting because there are alot of them and predator hunting if that is your thing. Thanks - Dave