Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Car Purchasing

Replies

• UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    getting 21mpg in the dodge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    hooknreds wrote: »
    Foot, I thought my friend w/the new Platinum had the Eco boost. I inquired today & he informed me he had the 5.0 He said he gets 15 around town & has a 36 gallon tank. Holy fill up Batman!
    However he did tell me he spoke w/a guy who had the Eco boost while @ the gas station. Said the guy was unhappy with it as he wa only getting 14.5 mph around town.
    My crew cab GMC Z-71 on 315's gets 14-15 mph around town....

Two Dealerships cannot find the 2011 PLat/Eco/4X4.....

New- they are getting poor MPG, after break in, some reporting up to 24mpg. I'm holding out for the Ecoboost...PLat.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Turbo = fuel milage...make it sing brotha!!!
    hooknreds wrote: »
    Turbo = fuel milage...make it sing brotha!!!

From the F150 Forum:

"2011 crew ecoboost f150. Bottom line this truck has the most power and the most pleasurable to drive of all my previous trucks. Fuel mileage 22 at 60 mph/ 20 at 65 mph/ 18 at 80 mph. "
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • WTGreenWTGreen Posts: 214 Officer
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    Two Dealerships cannot find the 2011 PLat/Eco/4X4.....

New- they are getting poor MPG, after break in, some reporting up to 24mpg. I'm holding out for the Ecoboost...PLat.

Have you watched this Foot? I am sure you probabbly have.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/

Signed: Hewes likes beer.
    WTGreen wrote: »
    Have you watched this Foot? I am sure you probabbly have.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/

Signed: Hewes likes beer.

green , for sure seen em all. The 0-60 of 24s hauling 9k pound smokes the others...is it proven? No , but this technology sure is intoxicating. I love torque!!!

Now, if these guys can find me what I want I am a check writing SOB today. They found a white PLat, but 2wd - won't settle.
    green , for sure seen em all. The 0-60 of 24s hauling 9k pound smokes the others...is it proven? No , but this technology sure is intoxicating. I love torque!!!

Now, if these guys can find me what I want I am a check writing SOB today. They found a white PLat, but 2wd - won't settle.

Ok, back to drive the Lariat again. The bling of the Platinum maybe not so much...have found a Salesperson who will work off Invoice and actually is providing some service...this pimple is about to pop.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,044 Captain
    The retractable step rail on the Platinum is kind of gay on a truck anyway.
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    JKP wrote: »

it is a BF purchase we're talking about here...
    JKP wrote: »

amongst other things - it's so nice, really doesn't feel like a truck if you know what I mean. The Lariat is a very nice, but still trucky...not all blinged out.
    What about a King Ranch?
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    SYNC System is the jam.
    What about a King Ranch?

KR - is almost like the HD - not me either.

Sync is in Lariat tapate, the Lariat has 98% of PLatinum options, just not all the bling.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,135 AG
    What about a King Ranch?

To much extra $$$ for the saddle leather IMO.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    micci_man wrote: »
    To much extra $$$ for the saddle leather IMO.

agreed, the sweet spot is the Lariat with Eco.

Question, the 2012 has an option for 36 gallon tank - yes/no??? added weight gonna hurt mpg's, etc.
    agreed, the sweet spot is the Lariat with Eco.

Question, the 2012 has an option for 36 gallon tank - yes/no??? added weight gonna hurt mpg's, etc.
    Over a hundo every time you fill it...of course you will fill it less often
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I'd get the big tank. If you're in South Carolina, gas at $3.15 and gas at home is $3.45, I'm filling up.

The better wood dash and bigger tank is a 2012 thang - means 45 -60 more days
    You have waited this long so what's 45 to 60 more days?
    Get the friggin Cayanne already.......**** man pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have waited this long so what's 45 to 60 more days?

Talked it out with the Salesman last night - we have the truck, options, color, etc on paper - the 2012 it is...

White with Adobe trim, adobe interior, 4x4 Eco, 3.73 rear, SonyNAV/700 watt stereo, 36 gal tank,heat/cool seats, SYNC, 110 Outlet, remote start - too many options to list really -

10k less than a Tahoe and a whole lot more versatile IMHO. This Ecoboost engine - if you get a chance - drive one, a tiny bit of turbo lag, maybe a split second and then your hauling some serious groceries...

Thanks for all the help, I know I made a quick decision, but it's the right one for our family...wife wants to keep the Tahoe as 3rd car, I want to sell....mmmmm
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Good move on the 3.73 rear. Glad you found what you were looking for 'cause we can't stand any more posts like this for another 200K miles. ;)
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
    wishfishin wrote: »
    Good move on the 3.73 rear. Glad you found what you were looking for 'cause we can't stand any more posts like this for another 200K miles. ;)

you sick puppy, you enjoyed every single post - good news for you, plan on trading the new Eco @ 60k miles...
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Keep the Tahoe.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    Two weeks and 13 pages for NN to buy a new truck.

Gonna' start kicking tires now for my new vehicle purchase in 2015.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
    dewyafish wrote: »

what new truck?? :huh:blahblah
    dewyafish wrote: »

Gonna' start kicking tires now for my new vehicle purchase in 2015.

Dang that Hewe's thread startin NAMAW.............LMAO. He never was serious about the Used Tahoe and now MIA. LOL.

As far as my search, jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - droev em all, kicked a gazillion tires and the dang F150 was right there. That's cool , because the 2012 as said has the extra options I really like better than the 2011.
    I spent less time buying the PSJ house, online - sight unseen, the man's vehicle seems to hold more importance, lol. In the end, I'm super pumped about geting into a P/U period...

Dew, F150 gets a makeover 2014 or 2015. I know your a Chevy dude, just wanted you to know. Chevy is past due for makeover too, though...

Signed: The Truck market is one super competitive niche - look for improvements across the board.
    im here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dang that Hewe's thread startin NAMAW............LMAO.. He never was serious about the Used Tahoe and now MIA. LOL.

As far as my search, jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - droev em all, kicked a gazillion tires and the dang F150 was right there. That's cool , because the 2012 as said has the extra options I really like better than the 2011.
    I spent less time buying the PSJ house, online - sight unseen, the man's vehicle seems to hold more importance, lol. In the end, I'm super pumped about geting into a P/U period...

Dew, F150 gets a makeover 2014 or 2015. I know your a Chevy dude, just wanted you to know. Chevy is past due for makeover too, though...

Signed: The Truck market is one super competitive niche - look for improvements across the board.

This isn't Facebook peckerwood.....sheesh! :p
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    Confucius say he who talks and talks about fancy new truck have tiny weewee.
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    He's not even on the board any more and you're blaming him??

I get blamed for alot
    signed: beer me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]