Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Car Purchasing

245

Replies

  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    then trade if you can get alot for the old one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    3.08 rear gear in the New LTZ - running, the 3.43 now - what's the difference??? Is this the right rear end?
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I don't know that I'd want a 3:08 gear if I'm towing.

    That said, with the new 6 speed trans and the towing package (Towing button that alters the computer settings on the trans) it may be alright. I'd have to discuss that with someone who's familiar.

    I need to know this and know it soon - mmmmmmmmmmm
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    I prefer 3.73 gears for towing. 3.42 will get you by and 3.08 will be fine for a utility trailer. If you're towing the Grady you need more than the 3.08. Check with someone at the dealership besides the salesman.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,474 Captain
    I tow all the time from just the boat up to my utility trailer hauling pickups/tractors etc. 2007 Silverado 3.23 rear with 4.8 engine. No problems yet with 96k and it has been well loaded many times.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    Yesterday another Dealer blew smoke up my skirt - big surprise.

    Have a few decent leads on used to work today...the search is narrowing, with the efforts showing better vehicles @ better prices...birdoggin son!!!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    The FB pic shows a Ford grill BF. What gives? Coworker went with the crew cab and its a nice ride for sure. Its got WAAY more room in the back seat than anything I thought Id see in a crew cab. Short on bed space though. It rides good, and gets about 16.1 mpg.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    The FB pic shows a Ford grill BF. What gives? Coworker went with the crew cab and its a nice ride for sure. Its got WAAY more room in the back seat than anything I thought Id see in a crew cab. Short on bed space though. It rides good, and gets about 16.1 mpg.

    Ford Ecoboost Lariat 4x4 Loaded - just returned from test ride - FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TORQUE OUT THE WAHZOOO!!!!

    Off the line faster than any others in the running, the towing ability with EcoBoost will make 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque is better than the V-8 5.0

    Questions on this one_
    Ford - can I make the switch? I like em, that Dealer is great and they didn't take any bailout money, etc.
    Twin turbos - will they last?
    Truck from SUV - again with the switch.

    I'll say this, it has all the bells and whistles, rides well - totally updated and is 15k cheaper driveout than a Tahoe.

    Signed: but it's a boxy NAMAWitch


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxN3JnQ47b0

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yTTvh_Ikg&feature=relmfu

    and if you need one more

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_bbzRLdDM&feature=relmfu
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    I like my buddies truck. In it all the time. The sync feature is awsome...so is ipod hookup and conrollability. Only downside I can find is the seats aren't really comfortable like a chevrolet and my left arm when driving can't decide if it likes the window sil or handle to prop up. Its a nice truck, but they like em alot... $$$
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    I like my buddies truck. In it all the time. The sync feature is awsome...so is ipod hookup and conrollability. Only downside I can find is the seats aren't really comfortable like a chevrolet and my left arm when driving can't decide if it likes the window sil or handle to prop up. Its a nice truck, but they like em alot... $$$

    I hear ya on the seats - Chevy wins the comfy war. Price - Loaded Lariat 4X4 is 42k driveout - really not that bad considering prices of cars these days...

    The Back seat is wayyy more roomy and comfy than a Chevy - the fold up seats create a flat floor like the back of the Hoe too. Back window is even powerslide. They thought of just about everything, but it's BOXY!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Go KING RANCH ! Go BIG or go HOME!

    Lots of bells n whistles for sure. The GPS is nice too. I would have to get used to the shifter being like a car though.

    Signed,

    King Ranch or Platinum
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    tapate wrote: »
    Go KING RANCH !

    Signed,

    King Ranch or Platinum
    Friend just bought a Platinum here in Tally...sticker on that sucker was $52! That said he luvs his truck...me not so much. I asked him if he wanted to the woods with me this year to hunt, but only if he drove his truck. He said he could get us there but we would have to walk in to the woods!!!
    signed: It really is a nice truck...but $52k????
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    hooknreds wrote: »
    Friend just bought a Platinum here in Tally...sticker on that sucker was $52! That said he luvs his truck...me not so much. I asked him if he wanted to the woods with me this year to hunt, but only if he drove his truck. He said he could get us there but we would have to walk in to the woods!!!
    signed: It really is a nice truck...but $52k????

    Yeah the king is just as high. They like em....a lot!
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    hooknreds wrote: »
    Friend just bought a Platinum here in Tally...sticker on that sucker was $52! That said he luvs his truck...me not so much. I asked him if he wanted to the woods with me this year to hunt, but only if he drove his truck. He said he could get us there but we would have to walk in to the woods!!!
    signed: It really is a nice truck...but $52k????

    I hear ya on the 52 - high as a cat's back! Brother Bobby has been spending $$$$ on trucks his whole life - he's always said "cost of doing bidness and my office". Do it once do it right...go big or go home.

    Platinum Eco 4x4 White - they are trying to find me one with NAV, the Japan earthquake has everyone short on NAV. Plan on driving the thing 200k @ least...

    Wonder what a 2000 Tahoe in "good" shape never wrecked 4x4 LT with 200k miles will bring???
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    You'll never be happy in a Ford.

    i've owned only one...
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    You'll never be happy in a Ford.

    Do not go drive the Ecoboost - don't!!!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    I hear ya on the 52 - high as a cat's back! Brother Bobby has been spending $$$$ on trucks his whole life - he's always said "cost of doing bidness and my office". Do it once do it right...go big or go home.

    Platinum Eco 4x4 White - they are trying to find me one with NAV, the Japan earthquake has everyone short on NAV. Plan on driving the thing 200k @ least...

    Wonder what a 2000 Tahoe in "good" shape never wrecked 4x4 LT with 200k miles will bring???

    If they offer you 6.5-7k take it and run. I wouldn't think its worth more than that at private sale.

    BF, im sure someone on here has got a daughter\son turning 16 soon and might like a car like that for them. Maybe ask some of your friends or ask around on here? Its not often people could find a private seller offering a high mileage vehicle in good shape for a decent price and wouldn't have to haggle with a dealer. Just a thought.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    If they offer you 6.5-7k take it and run. I wouldn't think its worth more than that at private sale.

    BF, im sure someone on here has got a daughter\son turning 16 soon and might like a car like that for them. Maybe ask some of your friends or ask around on here? Its not often people could find a private seller offering a high mileage vehicle in good shape for a decent price and wouldn't have to haggle with a dealer. Just a thought.

    Agreed, she's a good un...

    My Ford contact (rather Lincoln) in Albany is finding the F150 for me...he located on in on Friday. He's working his #'s now.

    Chevy Dealer who tried to put me in the 3.08 rear gear, now wants me in a 2011 - slack service IMHO.

    Local Chevy Dealer has made the best offer on the Tahoe so far..., but it's time to change it up - if I don't like the truck - I don't like the truck, not married to it...
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    Agreed, she's a good un...

    My Ford contact (rather Lincoln) in Albany is finding the F150 for me...he located on in on Friday. He's working his #'s now.

    Chevy Dealer who tried to put me in the 3.08 rear gear, now wants me in a 2011 - slack service IMHO.

    Local Chevy Dealer has made the best offer on the Tahoe so far..., but it's time to change it up - if I don't like the truck - I don't like the truck, not married to it...

    Couldn't find a Chevrolet pickup...2011/2012 to get? You are quite the tire kicker.

    I have heard good things about Dawson Motor Co just up the road in Dawson.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    Couldn't find a Chevrolet pickup...2011/2012 to get? You are quite the tire kicker.

    I have heard good things about Dawson Motor Co just up the road in Dawson.

    Ecoboost engine is my dillio.


    Chevy is outdated IMHO.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    What's ecoboost do for ya?

    Nevermind, wiki told me
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,168 AG
    Bigfoot wrote: »

    Chevy is outdated IMHO.

    Don't let this come back to haunt ya...
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • WTGreenWTGreen Posts: 214 Officer
    I think you will like the the truck. If you need to you can always put a camper top on it. If your Albany deal doesn't work out I know the owner @ Mall of Georgia Ford and Griffin Ford in Tifton.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    micci_man wrote: »
    Don't let this come back to haunt ya...

    Thats the second time ive heard that same statement in 2 days.
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I copied and pasted it to my puter just so I could bring it up again 6 months from now. :)

    ya think he'll have a new vehicle in 6 months?? :Spittingcoffee
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    If you expect to get only 7K for the Hoe and it has been a good one, hold on to it. You'll need it for "dirty work".
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    go big buy a dodge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    If we're putting up money, I'd say he's still driving that raggedy azzed Tahoe.:)
    :Horse
    God, save the South!
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    wishfishin wrote: »
    If you expect to get only 7K for the Hoe and it has been a good one, hold on to it. You'll need it for "dirty work".

    Ughhhh, the truck better be able ot handle the little bit of so called dirty work in my world...really don't want the upkeep of another sumpin sumpin.

    She needs to be driven -

    Update - you tell the Salesman what you want on the truck - they send you several "close". What gives with this process already?

    The typical answer is "has everything you want, but this one is silver".

    The bet on drivning the raggedy ****, never mind cannot even say it - may be a good bet. what screws the bet is I have saved up some money - from listening to RE on making 200k - 2 extra years out of a paid for truck helps allot.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    did you buy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.