Crystal River 12-31 Taking Grandpa In Pork Chop lol

Grandparents just came down from New York for a few days. Had the day off to take him out in my little boat. He fishes when he can on onieta lake for wallee so he shows up with 8lb mono on a 9' rod lol Weather was to nasty to head anywhere so we stuck to the river. It started to rain and wind was blowing 25mph. Tried hiding from the wind but wasn't successful. Couldn't find much for reds I caught one small one on a jig and my grandpa caught several nice snapper free lining shrimp. The black drum were the only good fighters of the day. Still a good trip with my grandpa. Hope to get in another trip before he heads back to New York

Go Pro Video

http://youtu.be/Ufth5khZmjo

Replies

• SwampThing07SwampThing07 Posts: 350 Deckhand
    Saw you out on the kayaks. It was a windy day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    That's pretty awesome to get out with your Grampa. Those are the guys that helped get us all started.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,820 Captain
    Grampz was tearin it up w/ that 9' rod Big time!!! I'll bet he would do real good w/ trout on the flats w/ his "Long Rod"!!!!! It's awesome to be able to fish w/ Your Grandpopz once in a while!!! Enjoy him while you can!!!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Really cool Justin. Fun fish on light tackle.

I see you like those DOA's.
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 639 Officer
    ripnlips wrote: »
    Really cool Justin. Fun fish on light tackle.

I see you like those DOA's.

I love doas in the color you use but don't like the paddletails I don't like there action. I like the long ones that jig up an down and side to side better
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 639 Officer
    Saw you out on the kayaks. It was a windy day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Are you saying you were in the kayaks because we weren't lol should've said hey or something