Whatcha eating?

hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,301 Admiral
Braising some short ribs for supper tonight. Had zippers and ham last night
E27E64DA-7AED-4718-9E15-D395DE29434C.jpg
If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png

Replies

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,923 Admiral
    Zippers?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    GA Fin wrote: »
    Zippers?

:rolleyes Get out of the south Yankee!!
    :rolleyes Get out of the south Yankee!!

I had to do some Googling. Born & raised in the south and never heard(or forgot) of zippers. Field peas and cow peas around here.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Picked meat from Opilio crab clusters & made crab bisque. Smoked some fresh Roe Mullet. Got fresh Green beans & Zucs.

GA Jet sweet potato pie on the way.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,687 AG
    She's about 5'2 105lbs
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,875 Captain
    Giada?
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,368 Captain
    Cherry cordials...
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,301 Admiral
    Pulled the meat out and to the oven to stay warm. Then reduced the sauce by half.

7F3883FE-595B-466B-86D9-EA7CA1595CFF.jpg
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Going EZPZ tonight. Having Bubba Burger's and dogs with chips and baked beans.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,068 AG
    Honeybaked Ham. I feel like I was **** and not even kissed by the cost. Oh well. Adding freshly baked croissants, Caesar salad and fresh green beans.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,268 Captain
    Kale salad via home grown kale.Plus cucumbers,tomatoes,cherries,onions,artichokes etc., sweet potatoe,gourmet and quite colorful rice,heirloom beans/olive oil & balsamic vinegar,pepper and berry/almond butter smoothie. Giant Pumpkin Pie,black coffee for breakfast tomorrow. No meat until I kill an animal. Killin' kale is relatively assured.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,136 AG
    I had to do some Googling. Born & raised in the south and never heard(or forgot) of zippers. Field peas and cow peas around here.

They grow them here in NW Florida.

Seared pork loin with beans and greens for the MIL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • davidgiddavidgid Posts: 250 Deckhand
    We are in panama city tonight. We are sitting in hampton inn waiting for vinny's pizza to deliver. Hope it is good.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,463 Moderator
    I had a gift card for Catch's Seafood Grille and took the wife out. She had some "loaded baked potato soup and Chicken Alfredo. I had the seafood bisque and a prime rib. So much for seafood while eating out.
  • WaVeCrAzEdWaVeCrAzEd Posts: 589 Officer
    Some hAWWian bbq chicken pizza papa Johns leftover pizza,Tomorrow prime Ny strips for lunch,with blackeyed peas.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,661 AG
    Boiled peanuts and football.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Chicken, Skrimps, and Andouille Gumbo.

Took 4 hrs to prep/cook.

(its actually today's supper, but I had 6 or 10 cups of it)
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • paranoid.androidparanoid.android Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Black-eyed peas with rice and mater gravy, turnip greens, ham, and hoe cakes.
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Right now I'm fixin some of our eggs and ham from the neighbors pig with homemade bread.
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 447 Deckhand
    Them dino bones look good!
    Baby Backs go on the smoker in a few hours, black eyed peas are slow cookin, corn bread and greens.Oh yea!
    Dumb Fish Die First
    Right now I'm fixin some of our eggs and ham from the neighbors pig with homemade bread.

You neighbor's pig lays eggs? :huh

• SC53SC53 Posts: 424 Deckhand
    Doing sames as you KP (great minds :)) blackeyes, collards, cornbread and baby backs today watching bowl games.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,337 Admiral
    You neighbor's pig lays eggs? :huh

Stop trying so **** hard.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    Tarpon65 wrote: »
    Stop trying so **** hard.

Trying? I didn't have to try for that one. Please keep in mind that I am here to entertain myself.

• RoyalflushRoyalflush Posts: 535 Officer
    fca1bdce62aa8782c27db3d4414b71f1.jpg
  • chick-a-deechick-a-dee Posts: 1,452 Officer
    FloridaOD wrote: »
    Kale salad via home grown kale.Plus cucumbers,tomatoes,cherries,onions,artichokes etc., sweet potatoe,gourmet and quite colorful rice,heirloom beans/olive oil & balsamic vinegar,pepper and berry/almond butter smoothie. Giant Pumpkin Pie,black coffee for breakfast tomorrow. No meat until I kill an animal. Killin' kale is relatively assured.

Sounds great...minus the pie.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,941 Admiral
    Have cabbage rolls cooking in crock pot and will be cooking black eyed peas with smoked ham shank.
    Deo Vindice
  • flagoldflagold AlabamaPosts: 228 Deckhand
    Pork loin the Cobb way, Instant Pot black eyed peas w/Sugardale ham shank, cornbread, chicken ala king dip, and tapioca pie.

[video=youtube_share;AECpyiAVgtk]
    Rebuild Grandpa's Zebco: https://youtu.be/_4BTSEVcbQ4
    Catch a big sheepshead: https://youtu.be/gqE0az7WqH4
    Bomb Holes, Wrecks, Reefs: https://youtu.be/b5ljdWyLR5I
    Saltwater Cap Lure (Deadly): https://youtu.be/AMwAx9AeDkc
    Make a portable fish attractor that works: https://youtu.be/ushkhZUxUWg
    180 practical vids on YouTube: Matt Mattson
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,136 AG
    magot wrote: »
    Did you move?

North West Central Florida then

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield