Ping: Rusty

Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
Well, how's that new bull doing?

Did the girls make some new friends? One big happy family?
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Replies

• Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Rich, first off your cattle are beautiful and very well taken care of! He had an instant effect on the heard and had a cow following him in 10 min, cut her out of the heard. The cows were running around giddy like. It was a sight to behold that was just the first 30 min or so. I haven’t been over there since but we are pretty certain they are going to get along well!
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 9,535 Admiral
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    He had an instant effect on the heard and had a cow following him in 10 min, cut her out of the heard. The cows were running around giddy like.

We talking about Rusty or the bull here?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    Rich, first off your cattle are beautiful and very well taken care of! He had an instant effect on the heard and had a cow following him in 10 min, cut her out of the heard. The cows were running around giddy like. It was a sight to behold that was just the first 30 min or so. I haven’t been over there since but we are pretty certain they are going to get along well!

Thats awesome.

I just sold 13 bulls but kept that one back. He was different, I new he was going to be a good one. Good confirmation, which is only gonna get better, and he's fearless with his mind on only one thing. He was challenging Spideman on a regular basis and no matter how many times Spiderman knocked the crap out of him, he'd come back for more and try to move in on Spidemans girlfriends.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    We talking about Rusty or the bull here?

Both
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,423 AG
    and I get called a dork.....
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,472 Admiral
    Polar wrote: »

May the force be with you.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    and also with you....
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,099 AG
    never go to the dark side
    Gestapo 

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    You are a dork.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Here's Rusty's new bull sneaking up on one of Spiderman's girlfriends. That's Spiderman on the left.

D9F50287-A19B-45A5-9AE2-94A6E6E4F04E_zpsq8cfaoix.jpg
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    Here he is 2 minutes after walking out of the trailer.

64978d35c4445a5a004960aca3a3c506.jpg
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • TTT is one sick SOB thinking about Rusty's livestock's sex life.
    And Rusty posting livestock **** to satisfy his sick fetish is reprehensible.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    TTT is one sick SOB thinking about Rusty's livestock's sex life.

That was mean and hurtful. Hope you're happy.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,106 AG
    Pretty interesting hobby you have Rich. Do you also sell to individuals for slaughtering purposes?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    TTT is one sick SOB thinking about Rusty's livestock's sex life.
    This. 1 star.
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Pretty interesting hobby you have Rich. Do you also sell to individuals for slaughtering purposes?
    He does. He will sell you Polar for $20.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    hey, last time it was $25
    hey, last time it was $25

Yer gettin' used up.

Mango Man wrote: »

Only if they want to feed them out themselves. I'll sell steer calves at about 4-6 months old but they would have to raise them from there to slaughtering age and weight.
    Here's some of the latest calves to hit the ground. Pick one out for yourself Jeff.
    Here's some of the latest calves to hit the ground. Pick one out for yourself Jeff.
    Next time I'm down that way I'm dropping in unannounced to see the calves.

• mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Very cool. How long (typically) does it take to raise a calf to slaughter? Rough cost?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    mikev wrote: »
    Very cool. How long (typically) does it take to raise a calf to slaughter? Rough cost?

Rich and I disagree, but you can buy better beef for less money than you can ever finish out one steer at a time.

It only about the satisfaction of doing it yourself and "knowing" what your steer was fed.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    Rich and I disagree, but you can buy better beef for less money than you can ever finish out one steer at a time.

It only about the satisfaction of doing it yourself and "knowing" what your steer was fed.

Thanks Rusty. My sister "raised" them up in Michigan years ago. She said by the time you take them to the butcher it was almost even. I suppose the upside is that you can make more calves without much if any cost.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    rrbgtt wrote: »

I have never put 33T meat in my mouth, I would like to try it some time. Rich work with me here.
    Gestapo 

• BinderBinder Posts: 3,879 Captain
    That sounds very gay, G.

Is that what the G stands for?
    It was a very slow pitch, you hardly got a piece of it.
    Gestapo 

mikev wrote: »

If I'm going to put one in the freezer I like to have them slaughtered between 14 and 18 months of age and at a weight of between 1200-1400 lbs.

From a cost standpoint, that depends on whether you are going to go strictly grass fed and if so, how much pasture you have. If you're going to feed the animal grain or some type of cattle feed, then your cost can vary and get relatively expensive.

As Rusty mentioned, the commercial feed lots, where most of my calves go, can feed out an animal much quicker and more cost effectively than we ever could.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 5,760 Admiral

Are you keeping them warm with all this cold weather were having? :grin

gzP1qJu.jpg
    Just needs Skittles and tea in that first picture.