Water appears to have cleared, last of fill being pumped in

biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
Just got back, water is noticeably clearer, looks like they are pumping last of fill to island on pier. Thoughts?( with out being political)

Replies

• Honestly, as I testified before the Privy Counsel, every time the boat runs those thrusters, it will stir up silt until we get a few really big blows from the NW to clean things up.

That being said, a bunch of the enviro damage has already been done, and mother nature is on the road to repairing it. It will be interesting to see the repaving in Bimini and I hear the street lights are on order and will be up soon. (OK, soon by Island time)

I hear work may have started on the golf course. That could be a problem for the North Bimini MPA.

All that being said, the offshore environment has billions of gallons of water flushing it every day and should be just fine.
  • biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    they just paved the extension of the runway, so the equipment is there. Home owners are going to petition the govt to get the road paved in front of sands.
  • CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,771 Captain
    Not being political. From the air it does look improved. Made Christmas calls over to friends there yesterday. Talked at length with Golden Dream's Steve... He said since the heat was turned up on that project he has found zero fish north of the pines. He noted that when it does come in it stirs up again. I have my spots mostly closer to out front or off the south island. His "turf" was around the north rock but it has died for him up there. I gave him some ranges and numbers to work at my end. He has been working more and more that way and at least producing some but didn't have any lines really dialed in hopefully my numbers will help.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,355 Admiral
    Thoughts?? That picture of the square channel is a disgrace. I don't care how much money that Asian Co pumps into this project, mark my words, in 5 yrs, 10 yrs, 20 yrs they will be no where to be seen, all that will be left is that rotting pier and barren bottom. Golf course??:rotflmao