BOLO: STOLEN AK47

So I posted a rifle for sale yesterday on Florida Gun Trader. Had two emails one persistent on my phone number so he could call.. This morning I gave the person my phone number, and I have already heard back from the person. Weird though that I post something for sale the night before and today my house was broken into sometime between 1100 and 1330 pm. My wife was gone from this time. Stole all computers, tv's and guns. There's a Romy G out there with a wire folding stock and donkey **** foregrip. Serial is 0009072. I also had my Keltec PF9 stolen, and a Remington 870 shotgun. Be on the lookout guys.

Replies

• sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    holy sh8t...sorry to hear that. best of luck bud!
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • AmericanAmerican Posts: 130 Officer
    Sorry to hear that. Do you mind telling us your general vicinity?
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    wow that sucks! did you post your address on CL?
  • dougmaysdougmays Posts: 288 Officer
    that suck man! like copout asked...did you tell him where you lived on the phone? cops might be able to track the call to a number and hopefully to a person?
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    dougmays wrote: »
    that suck man! like copout asked...did you tell him where you lived on the phone? cops might be able to track the call to a number and hopefully to a person?

If he gave the land line number it's easy to find someone's address. A friend of mine had some high end audio equipment stolen in a similar way. The guy called and presses him for a date and time to meet. Tries to get several days/times because "a friend is coming with me". Well, several times my friend says "I can't do it then, because I won't be home". Well, now the crook knows when you're probably not going to be around.
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    No I didn't tell them my address but I have already heard of people with friends working at phone companies being able to give customers address out. Who knows. This happened in the area of Sunset and 107 Ave. There's only 3 people who responded to my ad. One on here and the from the **** site. The thing with the **** site is that they have a little thing that verifys people location. When you click it it takes you to the general vicinity of where the ad was placed. I wonder if this is how they got my address.
    It was my cell number.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Batemaster wrote: »
    No I didn't tell them my address but I have already heard of people with friends working at phone companies being able to give customers address out. Who knows. This happened in the area of Sunset and 107 Ave. There's only 3 people who responded to my ad. One on here and the from the **** site. The thing with the **** site is that they have a little thing that verifys people location. When you click it it takes you to the general vicinity of where the ad was placed. I wonder if this is how they got my address.

ping me your phone number and I'm pretty sure I can find your address (same phone number you sent the guy).
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    these will be used in serious crimes very soon. why don't you keep your stuff locked up?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • novomarinenovomarine Posts: 145 Officer
    It's already on the FDLE CRIME INFORMATION WEB SITE...

Florida Department of Law Enforcement - Stolen Gun
    Serial Number:0009072
    Reporting Agency:Miami-Dade County Police Department
    Date of Theft:09/26/2011
    Gun Make:UNKNOWN
    Gun Model:AK47
    Caliber:762
    Gun Type:RIFLE
  • quickreleasequickrelease Posts: 287 Officer
    Batemaster wrote: »

Dude i live off sunset and 107 ave as well...this is **** this area was actually started to turn around as some of the area scumbags were put away but i guess this wasnt the case.. they have tried breaking into my king ranch 3 times!!!! If you ever see a 6'5 guy with a goe tee running and a fishing shirt its me stop and say hi
    Quickrelease_1298509_n.jpg
    Will do bro!
  • novomarinenovomarine Posts: 145 Officer
    If you have a NRA membership you are insure for up to $2,500

NRA Membership Benefits

These basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership, along with special members-only discounts and services.
    An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times.

With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom,

Junior members receive a subscription to Insights,

Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)

Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status

Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.

$2,500 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage.

For purposes of insurance, NRA members must be current active members of the NRA whose name appears on the NRA membership list.

New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407.

The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683.