Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

FSU Greg Reid in trouble again.

TALLAHASSEE -- Florida State cornerback Greg Reid was arrested early Monday morning by theTallahassee Police Department on two misdemeanor charges.

The Sentinel has learned, according to Reid's arrest report, that he was arrested for lying to a police officer and for issuing a false, written statement under oath.

The 21-year-old junior was booked on perjury not in an official proceeding and resisting an officer without violence. He was booked at the Leon County Jail. According to the Leon County Sheriff's Office inmate detail, bond was set at $500.

FSU has not yet issued a statement on the matter. Days before the incident in question occurred, the school cancelled coach Jimbo Fisher's regularly scheduled Monday morning news conference because the Seminoles have a bye this week.

It appears the incident was the product of Reid protecting a hometown friend. It stems from the operation of Reid's scooter by a man who police believe was a friend of Reid's from his hometown, Valdosta, Ga.

Around 1:40 a.m. Monday, officers were in pursuit of the scooter belonging to Reid and attempted to apprehend its rider during a traffic stop less than a half-mile west of Doak Campbell Stadium. When officers approached the rider at a gas station, he allegedly tried to fight with the officers before ultimately evading them.

About an hour later, officers made contact with Reid after determining the scooter was his. They tried to get Reid to say who the earlier operator of his scooter was. He identified the rider as Montrel Frazier. The report indicates Reid "failed to make eye contact" while being questioned. It also goes on to say that Reid "backtracked" when officers told him his friend's name was actually Rontrel Frazier.

According to the report, Reid said: "Rontrel, Montrel ... I call him Trel."

Officers later found a listing in Reid's cellphone for a "TFraz."

Through a search of Reid's phone, it became clear that the Seminoles defensive back did in fact know Frazier, and tried to cover his tracks.

While arresting Reid, one of the two arresting officers noticed that Reid received a phone call at 2:29 a.m. from the number listed as "TFraz." Previously, Reid had told the officers he had been with his girlfriend and had no contact all evening with the rider of his scooter.

But text messages starting at 1:41 a.m. told a different story, according to the report.

Those outgoing messages from Reid's phone indicated he was giving "TFraz" a heads up that one of the streets near the stadium was blocked off. The report indicated that police acknowledged setting up road blocks in certain spots around Stadium Drive as they pursued the scooter. Stadium Drive is one of the main thoroughfares leading to Doak Campbell Stadium.

"Be careful they got all stadium blocked off," the text said.

At 2:14 a.m., Reid allegedly had a text message conversation with "TFraz."

"U got your scooter," "TFraz" asked Reid.

"Oh so you gonna say it was stolen," another message to Reid said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/seminoles/os-greg-reid-florida-state-arrest-20110926,0,2230322.story
It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.

Replies

• hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Come on man...TFraz is whack...don't nobody believe what he be texting!!! Where's Bobby??? He'd have this worked out before sundown.
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    So basically he got arrested for letting a friend borrow his scooter and getting Rontrel and Montrel mixed up at that time of the morning after the cops went to the expense to set up road blocks for a dude on a scooter??? I'm thinking someone on the police department is going to be the one getting busted down on this one.
  • BeachRum1962BeachRum1962 Posts: 162 Officer
    If you read the police report he threatened the officer with payback asking about his family, etc. The Noles are back indeed (in some respects)
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    If you read the police report he threatened the officer with payback asking about his family, etc. The Noles are back indeed (in some respects)

young folk being stupid - next.

He'll go 1st round
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • JTRJTR Posts: 1,179 Officer
    Obviously the cops are Gator fans.

Not sure about the phone search.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,053 Captain
    Him and "late hit" Bradham do as much bad as good. And this is coming from an alumni fan.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,282 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    young folk being stupid - next.

He'll go 1st round

I agree with you there. Like I've said before it's not a Gator, FSU or any other specific school exclusivity. It is simply young men acting out their actions. They have been taught by adults all around them that they are special, different, gifted, and everything they do off the field is overlooked because they are superstars on the field. If they were held accountable at an early age they would be different people when they get to college.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    Spineyman wrote: »
    I agree with you there. Like I've said before it's not a Gator, FSU or any other specific school exclusivity. It is simply young men acting out their actions. They have been taught by adults all around them that they are special, different, gifted, and everything they do off the field is overlooked because they are superstars on the field. If they were held accountable at an early age they would be different people when they get to college.

The NAMAW I did that will never be spoken about - thankful and blessed is all I will say.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    NFL is gonna take him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    When it rains it pours, poor Noles.
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    Listening to 100.7 this am on the way to work, sounds like popo was a little heavy handed, but hard to say if popo were **** first, i know they definitely can be, and many like busting 'celebrities'.
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • Sopchoppy RedneckSopchoppy Redneck Posts: 1,421 Officer
    I hope the "popo" like being meter maids! Cause that's what they will be doing for the rest of their career in Tally!! From what I have read, they broke more laws than Reid is acussed of breaking!!!!
    YouDontLikeMe.jpg