Our Brother GTfish has passed away.

PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,282 AG
Im sorry to have to share this but we've lost our frind and fellow fisherman GTfish( Pat Burton. Tater has set up a gofundme site to assist Haley, Tyler and their family in this sad time. Please pray for them.
http://www.gofundme.com/iel8c8
:angel

Replies

• LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Yeah... First thing I thought about this AM........
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • 40 Palms40 Palms Posts: 114 Deckhand
    So very tough to hear. Although I'd not met him, I did enjoy his sarcastic humor.

Donation sent to help ease the financial burden on a grieving family.

Brett
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,348 Admiral
    Just heard, don't even know what to say....

His family is in our prayers:angel
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    I was fortunate to finally get to know Pat and meet him in person a month or so ago. We did a wahoo trip and had a blast. Can't forget his smiling face...

eac23bc4c5b225d585266793175ade42.jpg

777b81210bbde7e9bfdecc9ade58249d.jpg

Very sad... RIP

6874260233def7b908e0738b450a2a15.jpg
  • robgfishrobgfish Posts: 211 Officer
    Very sad, did not know him but apparently a relatively young man. Condolences to the family
    Was he ill?
  • CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 860 Officer
    So sorry to hear this. Although, I never met him personally I enjoyed his reports, helpful tips and humor on social media. My prayers go out to his family :angel
    Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
    pm me for rental info.
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    :angel prayers sent. Sad, sad day regardless of the reason or circumstances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,406 Moderator
    Wow , hate hearing this. :angel
    "You'll get your weather"
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    Lots of "good times" with pat. He was a stand up guy, great father, husband and friend. I will miss you buddy! Rest easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,383 Captain
    Fair winds and following seas Pat. Thanks for the laughs.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • PotterBuiltPotterBuilt Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    What happened to Pat (GTfish)?? So Sad and especially this time of year!! RIP Brother!! :angel
  • SnookslangerSnookslanger Posts: 1,320 Officer
    RIP JOTA.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbaaKhJZWMOL6wbI1uz1gMkBQR94dtr2Dn__x8NwzcVDRiVW5Gb-cOL-oj
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,203 Admin
    If you're planning on attending Wednesday's Gathering at Pirates Cove in Stuart, we'll be passing the hat for donations to Pat's family.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,282 AG
    share the gofundme account Dave
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Heard about this when I got back in from Swordfishing last night. Tragedy. I saw Pat about a month ago when I called him at 11pm out West of Jupiter to come pull my buddy's truck out of the mud after we were gator hunting. No questions asked he was there to help. He was a little disappointed it was one Tundra pulling another Tundra instead of a Ford but we got a good laugh out of that. Rest in peace brother and catch some big ones up there. See you soon.
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • SnookMan772SnookMan772 Posts: 656 Officer
    Wow very sad. The pictures make me realize how young he was and just how short life really is...

Life is too darn short, you better get out that and enjoy it any chance you get!!

My condolances to the family.

SG
  • emijessemijess Posts: 83 Deckhand
    My thoughts and Pryers go out to his family. RIP
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    Only got the pleasure of fishing with him once, and hunting with him twice. His strong love for the outdoors extended to family and friends. Great guy and a very sad loss. Thank you for some great memories, please rest easy. Prayers to family and other friends.
  • Stroker AceStroker Ace Posts: 334 Deckhand
    Rip. Gtfish
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,408 Captain
    Rip. I never met him personally but always enjoyed his posts
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • RottenRotten Posts: 465 Deckhand
    Very Sad, R.I.P. My condolences to his family.
    Music is Life, learn to play and Live!!!! I also Love to Fish!!!
  • Toothy ThangToothy Thang Posts: 1,412 Officer
    Heard about this when I got back in from Swordfishing last night. Tragedy. I saw Pat about a month ago when I called him at 11pm out West of Jupiter to come pull my buddy's truck out of the mud after we were gator hunting. No questions asked he was there to help. He was a little disappointed it was one Tundra pulling another Tundra instead of a Ford but we got a good laugh out of that. Rest in peace brother and catch some big ones up there. See you soon.

thanks for sharing that, it describes him perfectly.
  • cblddtcblddt Posts: 126 Officer
    He was a friend of all and a helping hand on this and other forums... I think this needs to be posted in all east coast regions!!!! Prayer and blessings go to his family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • zzzzzzsplashzzzzzzsplash Posts: 492 Deckhand
    So sad, sorry to hear, prayers for his fam :angel
  • TraeTrae Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    I didn't know him, how did he pass? I assume it was vey unexpected.
  • Boo's CruiseBoo's Cruise Posts: 63 Deckhand
    I met GT Pat years ago on this forum. Many a FS non meeting and Bashes ago. He was a true icon here and will be so missed for his humor and awesome posts. Sadness fills my heart of his passing. My prayers go out to the family at this most difficult time. Never forgotten and a toast will always be raised in his memory. RIP......
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,348 Admiral
    I met GT Pat years ago on this forum. Many a FS non meeting and Bashes ago. He was a true icon here and will be so missed for his humor and awesome posts. Sadness fills my heart of his passing. My prayers go out to the family at this most difficult time. Never forgotten and a toast will always be raised in his memory. RIP......

couldn't agree more, don't be a stranger
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Wow, sorry to hear this. Never met Pat, but he was a helpful guy and made me laugh on this forum. Thoughts and prayers sent to his friends and family.
  • IslandiaIslandia Posts: 162 Deckhand
    prayers now