We lost a brother today

Replies

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,416 Captain
    Re: Menzies post:
    That ranks among the most thoughtful posts I've read on here.
    :Agree

My heart goes out to you Capt.Tater for being there. You are a good man for sure.
    Also to GT's family. Hope the best for them during this most trying time of their lives...

What a tribute you all have left here! This forum has some great members.

Really enjoyed his posts for the short time I've been a member on this forum.
    Thanks GT! you will be missed. :fishing:angel
    GBNF

Pura Vida!
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    2028d9d3057a2f75c79df93ebef84ea4.jpg
    We killed a couple wahoos a little over a month ago. He was a good man. Always there in a pinch. We never got that yft together we were looking for, but we had fun trying. I miss you bro. Rest easy my friend. Until we meet again.....
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,859 Captain
    Very Sad! I never met him personally, but spoke to him a few times. He helped me with my pool and set me up to buy products at wholesale thru his contacts. Great guy. I know this may be too soon, but did anyone see this coming, and why? I only ask because my best friend since childhood and a few others I know passed the same way. If only you could do something to prevent it. :angel
  • on deckon deck Posts: 647 Officer
    RIP and strength to his family.
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    Prayers for his family that has been left behind.
  • TonyBTonyB Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Rest in peace brother.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,018 Admiral
    Hate to see his wife and kid go through this. Hope they heal. Good luck to them.
  • BeeracudaBeeracuda Posts: 238 Deckhand
    Condolences to the family. GT will be missed, and his humor was definitely appreciated.
  • LitiGATORLitiGATOR Posts: 819 Officer
    Truly a tragedy. He seemed like a great dude and my heartfelt prayers go out to his family and friends. Tater, you're a good dude for stepping-up during what surely is a devastating time.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 5,982 Admiral
    ****, this sucks.
    Prayers to his family and friends, including you and yours Tater.
    Hard to believe.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,387 Admiral
    Wow.

You never know when something like this will hit.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,018 Admiral
    Very sad for those left behind.
  • FishshrimpsnorkelFishshrimpsnorkel Posts: 1,370 Officer
    I only met Pat once - at Rich's bash in Sorrento. I was impressed with his demeanor: Friendly, outgoing and easy to talk to. RIP, and prayers for comfort to family and friends. :angel :angel
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,808 Captain
    My sadness of a forum member, whom I have never meet personally, makes me appreciate how fragile life is.

My condolences to the family and his close friends.
    Steve
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,835 Captain
    :angel

Prayers to his family
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,790 Admin
    Prayers and condolences to GT and his family.

:angel:angel:angel
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,546 Captain
    Been trying to figure out what to say, and I just can't express the feeling. I never met him but had alot of forum interaction with him. Feels alot more to me then a guy on the internet. My wish is for his family and close friends to find peace. His reports and forum legacy will live on. I'm glad he joined the forums to give me and all of us a glimpse into his life, we all do that for each other and its much more important then I ever thought it would or could be. RIP
    gammisun.jpgxxSearchEngineFail.jpg
  • ThreeSheetsThreeSheets Posts: 71 Deckhand
    I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. I met Pat once or twice at some of the non-meetings we had up here. I was shocked to hear the news from Tater on Sunday. It hit me pretty hard actually. Pat was a good guy. My prayers go out to his family and friends. The healing from this will take a long time. :angel
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    mjn wrote: »
    Been trying to figure out what to say, and I just can't express the feeling. I never met him but had alot of forum interaction with him. Feels alot more to me then a guy on the internet. My wish is for his family and close friends to find peace. His reports and forum legacy will live on. I'm glad he joined the forums to give me and all of us a glimpse into his life, we all do that for each other and its much more important then I ever thought it would or could be. RIP

That reminds me.. and he would ask...
    "are the Fishing Report archives recovered yet?" ----GTFish
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • bighardeybighardey Posts: 418 Deckhand
    RIP in man and prayers to your family! Your posts were the best, great humor, wit and thoughts.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,476 Admiral

hopefully he found the peace he was looking for
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • spydermonkeyspydermonkey Posts: 765 Officer
    His posts put a smile on my face... RIP
    "Insert intelligent sounding quote here"
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,658 Admin
    At some point I'll be moving this thread to our Last Cast forum.

I wanted to link a few other threads here before I do.
    Request from GT's wife

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?177014-Request-from-GT-s-wife
    Polar wrote: »
    I want to ask everyone that knew Pat Burton To please post or email me ([email protected]) any pictures you might have of Pat (young or old). Even some of the FS Photoshop (*appropiate*) ones since he loved those so much. He got such a kick out of all the juvenile BS on that forum. I never got it, But he so enjoyed it. I am going to have someone copy photos to a CD for memorial service. I know a lot of you have already posted pics and I love looking at them even though it hurts so. Thank You All again for all the love, prayers and support. I love you all for that!

Donations for Pat's (GTFish) family!! (UPDATED)

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?176824-Donations-for-Pat-s-%28GTFish%29-family!!-%28UPDATED%29
    TripleX wrote: »
    If you would like offer any contribution to Pat's (GTFish) family, you may do so at the following link...

Rest easy my friend!!

http://www.gofundme.com/iel8c8
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,658 Admin
    By the way I have some photos of Pat and Haley from the bash at my place a few years back that I'm digging through and will be posting here.

If you have some photos of some fishing or hunting trips with Pat or stories that you'd like to share, please post them up.

Thinking about you and your family bud. :angel
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,979 AG
    :angel for who he left behind
    :BUNNY gestapo

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,283 AG
    Theyre doing ok. haley and Tyler have kicked butt on the pool biz. Hoping for the best!
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    mjn wrote: »

:Agree Exactly how I feel.
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,437 Officer
    Wow...haven't been over here to OT in a long time, sorry for the loss.