The Fix Was In ... There Can Be No Doubt

2»

Replies

• FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,572 Captain
    White Dog wrote: »
    Mike Brown caused Mike Brown's death.

Come on now.

How did he cause his own death?

Was it by stealing cigars and then walking down the middle of the street rather than a sidewalk?

Was it by punching a cop in the face?

Trying to take an officers gun and discharging it twice while struggling for it?

Or was it when he was running away because he did not gain control of said gun, then charged back towards an armed officer of which he attempted to take the life of?

I mean he could of put his arms in the air and surrendered, but we know the evidence show's he did not do that, but it still does not mean he was trying to get dead.

I dont see how any Grand Jury could look at that evidence and think Mike Brown deserved to have been shot 100 times plus one more for good luck.
  • RottenRotten Posts: 465 Deckhand
    You're right!! The Fix is in!!!
    Music is Life, learn to play and Live!!!! I also Love to Fish!!!
  • KeysbearKeysbear Posts: 132 Deckhand
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Keysbear wrote: »

Evidently, it's necessary to explain the same thing, over & over.

This is the fourth time explaining commonly understood English usage.

Known as the "editorial "we", it's used by editors & writers to avoid the too personal or specific "I".

Having written, and edited, for decades, that form of usage has long since become a habit.

Well Mr. Editor, your usage of we vs. I is incorrect. I was a college English major and also a teaching assistant in college in the English department. While you are correct that when responding, as an editor, to a letter, an editor responds by using "we", it is because he is responding for an editorial board that manages the op-ed pages of a newspaper. It is assumed that the editor is responding for the entire newspaper or editorial board. Maybe you can come down off your pedestal a little. You are posting as an individual in the politics forum on a fishing forum. Not exactly the same thing as your heady days as an editor. As you are only posting your opinion, you should correctly post I when referring to your own opinion. I am not a forum grammar cop, but your response was both condescending and smug. I have at least a fundamental knowledge of "commonly understood English usage." Your use of "we" in this context; " lest we return the favor" is intended to convey that you were speaking for a group or more than just yourself.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    :funnypost
    Evidently, it's necessary to explain the same thing, over & over.

This is the fourth time explaining commonly understood English usage.

Known as the "editorial "we", it's used by editors & writers to avoid the too personal or specific "I".

Having written, and edited, for decades, that form of usage has long since become a habit.

Spare "us" your editorial rhetoric. You're in an internet fishing forum and are barely qualified to represent "yourself."
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    Freeliner....you're right, how silly of me.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,845 Captain
    Keysbear wrote: »

I am not a forum grammar cop, but your response was both condescending and smug.

How very perceptive of you.

Thanks ever so much for the compliment.

"Smug" and "condescending" are the default settings.

After all, in the politics forum of a fishing site, anything goes.
  • Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 641 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »
    How about this.

Black Ferguson Residents Arm Themselves and Descend Upon White-Owned Business — The Reason Why Is Front-Page Worthy

Nov. 28, 2014 8:01pm Jason Howerton

A group of four black Ferguson residents reportedly armed themselves and descended upon a white-owned business following a grand jury’s decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. But unlike many of the Ferguson demonstrators, the armed men were there to protect the business, not destroy it in protest.

The men told the Las Vegas Review Journal that they feel indebted to the white store owner, Doug Merello, who has given them employment over the years.

“We would have been burned to the ground many times over if it weren’t for them,” Morello said following the Ferguson riots. The business is a Conoco gas station and convenience store first bought by Morello’s father in 1984.

The black residents reportedly chased off groups of teenagers who allegedly wanted to loot the store. They also reportedly had a close-call after they were mistaken for looters by soldiers with the Missouri National Guard. One of the men was reportedly handcuffed temporarily until Morello could explain to the soldiers what they were doing at his business.

Luckily, they were able to protect the business and no one was hurt. It should also be noted that Missouri is an open carry state.

One of the men, who called himself R.J., said Morello has “helped us a lot” and referred to him as a “nice guy.” R.J., 28, reportedly openly carried a 9mm pistol. Another one of the courageous men, Jordan, also carried a pistol and another one was armed with an AR-15 rifle.

The Las Vegas Review Journal also reports that the men had to deal with a “commotion” that occurred inside the store. After Morello kicked him out, Sean Turner, one of the armed residents, reportedly showed his .40 caliber pistol and told the disruptive man, “This is what happens if you try to steal from this place.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/28/black-ferguson-residents-arm-themselves-and-descend-upon-white-owned-business-the-reason-why-is-front-page-worthy/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

If the Black and Muslim community want to be seen in a better light by Whites, then we need more guys like these, and less like M. Brown...Quit standing behind someone who is a terrible person and behaves badly, just because you feel obligated by sharing the same skin color/religion. Then things will progress.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

The good, hardworking, upstanding minorities get lumped in the the trash. I feel for them , but they refuse to stand up against people in their ethic group, so they have themselves to blame.
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    Thugs get slugs. That is all!
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,386 AG
    Icecat21 wrote: »
    If the Black and Muslim community want to be seen in a better light by Whites, then we need more guys like these, and less like M. Brown...Quit standing behind someone who is a terrible person and behaves badly, just because you feel obligated by sharing the same skin color/religion. Then things will progress.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

The good, hardworking, upstanding minorities get lumped in the the trash. I feel for them , but they refuse to stand up against people in their ethic group, so they have themselves to blame.

anti-Semitic, anti-multiculturalism affiliation that opposes biracial relationships, same-sex marriage, taxation and abortion

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/12/01/police-austin-shooter-belonged-to-an-ultra-conservative-christian-hate-group/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Now I think all republicans are just like the guy above.....oh wait......they are.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,572 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »
    anti-Semitic, anti-multiculturalism affiliation that opposes biracial relationships, same-sex marriage, taxation and abortion

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/12/01/police-austin-shooter-belonged-to-an-ultra-conservative-christian-hate-group/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Now I think all republicans are just like the guy above.....oh wait......they are.

Nah..... thats not it.

Individualism is what they need rather than a skin deep fake community they live for and die from.