Putting Pro-Cure of your flies?? Would you? Have you?

Shutupnreel44Shutupnreel44 Posts: 37 Deckhand
Would you ever put Pro-cure on you fly just to increase your catching ratio?

Replies

• Carl BlackledgeCarl Blackledge Posts: 674 Officer
    I guess some people need all the help they can get......I say NO, my 2 cents
  • greenie-slayergreenie-slayer Posts: 747 Officer
    Not a chance
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Never heard of the stuff. But I am assuming it is some sort of scent. In that case, absolutely not. Never.
    .......Rick
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,282 Captain
    That's pretty much on the same level as date **** and robbing the elderly.
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Posts: 1,255 Officer
    Reminds me of an annual Indian Summer bass a cast outing many years ago with a fishing friend that got a boat stuck on a rock & partially swamped where a bottle of crayfish juice soaked the crayfish flies & left an oil slick going downriver. Bass were on a feeding frenzy where the crayfish juice floated. Those soaked Clouser crayfish caught lots of bass & catfish; but after a few years the furry foam just started crumbling into goldfish food. This other Captain Hazelwood & I still get a good laugh out of it's "Exxon Valdez" bass feeding !
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 658 Officer
    I'm not a purest by any means, but most of the fun of fly fishing to me is catching a fish on something I made. The challenge of tying a fly that catches fish, making the cast, and the fight. That's why I only target Tarpon with a fly rod. I'm sure I could catch them with bait much easier, with much less work but why? I feel one should always challenge ones self, in all we do in life, not take the easy way out. That's how we learn. Pro-cure, it would be cheaper and easier to just use a hook and Shrimp.