Home General Fishing

Mirrolure Soft Dine????

Anyone using them? Are they durable? Same as the Mirrodine?

Replies

• SaltyBobSaltyBob Posts: 77 Deckhand
    I looked at some in the store but decided not to buy one mainly because they didn't have as much of a bright reflective surface as the regular Mirrodine plus being a little more expensive plus I'm very satisfied with the original Mirrodine.
  • HondoHondo Posts: 54 Deckhand
    I have used them a few times and have done pretty well on the trout. No real difference than using the hard body mirrodine though.
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,406 Captain
    SaltyBob wrote: »
    I looked at some in the store but decided not to buy one mainly because they didn't have as much of a bright reflective surface as the regular Mirrodine plus being a little more expensive plus I'm very satisfied with the original Mirrodine.

This can be a good thing. However, soft-dines do no hold up to puffers...
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,961 Captain
    A lot of the old timers swear by the soft dines or "Paul Brown" Devils for fat winter trout when they're holed up in the rivers.
  • FishWithChrisFishWithChris TallahasseePosts: 143 Deckhand
    Nope - they don't work at all. I'd say don't buy them and leave them on the shelf and throw something else :grin :grin :grin
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark
  • seabassassassinseabassassassin Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    They're pretty good for when the water gets cold and fish are lethargic. I don't know if they're any better than normal mirrolures, but some folks really like them
    Redfish Boats - Bull Red Tournament Edition
    USCG 6-Pack
  • capciofficapcioffi Posts: 831 Officer
    I love them and the Paul Browns (FAT BOYS). They are soft plastic and do tear apart, but fish love them. Here is what I have noticed. When the trout slams them and misses the hook they seem to come back and grab the lure again. We think the lure doesn't slam them in the jaw or face like a hard plastic and feels more real to them. It seems the trout really grab the lure on their mouth and bite down and shake the lure instead of just striking them. That being said they are expensive and I wait to find deals on them and buy a bunch. In dark water I like black back copper belly with flake and cleaner water bone with chartreuse nose. For retrieve, I work them slow and have the best response. I always take my lure to a pool (I know the pool water can hurt, I wash them afterwards) and practice the retrieval to see how the lure looks and reacts to twitch speed.
  • congoman775congoman775 Posts: 1,395 Officer
    Action of a mirrodine, but soft so the fish will hold them longer. Gives you that extra second to set the hook.