Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

A Call to Action..

I am sure many of you are already aware of the proposed railway by the Port Authority. What I and many weren't aware of is the proposed 10,000 feet of berm needed to complete the project. That's almost two miles of seawall choking off an already choked off system in decline. The grass in the no motor zone is thick and vital.. if we restrict the flow to this extent, problems will surely arise and the no motor zone will eventually end up looking like the rest of the Banana River south of 528, A DESERT! As you guys know, healthy seagrass beds are the foundation of all things in the lagoon. This is the last of the grass in the Banana and I know I sure don't want to see it go.. there are a couple viable alternatives here that they need to consider. Either use the existing 528 corridor, or route the tracks through the CCAFS. We do not need another causeway here. If you agree with this please take a quick moment out of your day to sign this petition. The more of us that stand in defiance the better. If this happens, it will forever alter the hydrology of the north Banana. Thank you guys for your time..

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-the-railroad-bridge-being-built-over-a

If you want to go one step further and make your voice DIRECTLY heard, here is the info you need:

Interested parties can submit written comments on the draft scope of study, potential alternative routes for the proposed rail line, and other environmental issues and concerns by Dec. 19. After the close of the comment period, the Surface Transportation Board's Office of Environmental Analysis will issue a final scope of study that would identify the alternative rail line routes to be considered for detailed analysis in an environmental impact statement.

Comments by mail: Scoping comments submitted by mail should be addressed to: Dave Navecky, Surface Transportation Board, 395 E Street SW, Washington, DC 20423-0001, Attention: Environmental Filing, Docket No. FD 35852.

Comments by email: Scoping comments also can be submitted electronically on the board's website, stb.dot.gov, by clicking on the "E–Filing" link on the home page and then selecting "Environmental Comments." Log-in accounts are not needed to file environmental comments electronically, and comments may be typed into the text box provided or attached as a file. If you have difficulties with the e-filing process, call 202-245-0350.

NO FILL NO KILL!

Replies