Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

PC Offshore 11/16 Mahi, Kings, Cobia, Muttons and Lane Snappers

Got off to a little bit of a late start and left the port around 730 AM with 350Dually and a good buddy of mine and his girlfriend.. We started heading to pelican and found a weed line in about 50 ft of water. Stopped to sight fish and hooked up a monster TT but he broke off. :willynilly Either way water temp was reading 70 degrees so I didn't have high hopes for any phins on it. Finally found 75 degree water at pelican and set the spread. Not much going on there, but several king boats were out. Pushed east into warmer water and had our first hookup a smaller king. Finally found a nice weed line in about 130ft and worked that for about an hour with only 1 knock down. We start heading north towards one of my bottom spots and find birds working the surface. Score a bunch of schoolie mahi. We pick em off one after another. Ended up with about 9 total. At my bottom spot we pick up 2 nice sized mutton snapper, about 5 Lane Snapper, and a decent cobia using chicken rigs. It's getting late so we head in. Overall a really nice day and a lot of fun with good friends!
Grady White Marlin 30' - "The Other Woman"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Central Florida Cycle Parts
cflcycleparts.com
Your source for quality used motorcycle parts.

Replies