My winter is a little different than yours....

remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 280 Deckhand
Got some snow last night, hit the river for some spawning Browns', temp was 28 when I got out of the truck at 0730, warmed to the 40's...lost track of the fish count but it was a good day!!

Replies

• acesoveracesover Posts: 552 Officer
    Nice fish. But that's why I live in Florida, I don't have to shovel rain...
    Looks like a lot of fun tho'. if it wasn't so cold, I might try that kind of fly fishing. Not sure I own enough clothes though..
    Again, nice trout!!
    FYIWFG
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Nicely done & I am glad to be here also. Only had my fly line freezing in the guides twice--on the same trip. The water in your pics does not look as though it would freeze over. Sliding those brows over the ice would be slick (or sick). Thanks for sharing & what were they taking?
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 280 Deckhand
    acesover wrote: »
    Nice fish. But that's why I live in Florida, I don't have to shovel rain...
    Looks like a lot of fun tho'. if it wasn't so cold, I might try that kind of fly fishing. Not sure I own enough clothes though..
    Again, nice trout!!

Thanks, hoping to make the move down there in a couple of years and quit "shoveling rain" :)
  • remo_5_0remo_5_0 Posts: 280 Deckhand
    Nicely done & I am glad to be here also. Only had my fly line freezing in the guides twice--on the same trip. The water in your pics does not look as though it would freeze over. Sliding those brows over the ice would be slick (or sick). Thanks for sharing & what were they taking?

Yellow glo bugs and an olive serendipity that we tie up.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Thanks & good luck on you anticipated move.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Wimauma, FLPosts: 1,054 Officer
    Looks cold!!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    @shadowcastflyfishing
    Sales Rep - Ankona Boats, Salt Marsh Skiffs, Tavernier Skiff Company
  • mnigromnigro Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Sweet. No footballs but all very respectable brownies and lots of fish too. Great job.
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 672 Officer
    Pretty fish, my hands hurt just looking at the pictures, and my back is getting stiff just thinking of it. I'm wishing I was further South when it gets to 50 here.

:thumbsup