Small window to run offshore 11/08/14 Out of redfish pass looking for snapper.

Got a call from Capt. Scott he is in need of a fishing fix. We assemble a crew Scott, Craig and Donna, Mary And me Larrywit.
Trip will be on Scotts boat, not the best as far as tide and moon phase, plus a cold front just waiting to nail us out there. It did. Plan was to target lanes, grunts, porgys .
First spot was only 7 miles out where i have had a good lane snapper bite plus some nice flounder in the mix.
Set up on the spot the bite was constant grunts, porgys, mangrove snapper, and the first black sea bass I have ever seen caught on this coast by Scott. And all the bait fish you could ever want.
Chum was being used at each stop.
Craig and Scott put out blue runners under balloons as we were bottom fishing. Well I figure it is time for a coffee break and a cinnamon bun,yummy. Two swigs of coffee and a couple of bites and and I hear a reel start to sing, fish on.
After multiple trips around the boat and under we get him in the boat. Now my coffee is cooling off,pour more hot coffee, you guessed it two sips and Scotts reel is now singing even louder.

Ok its time to move to a new spot still looking for lane that I was still looking for. Run out another 7 mile to some ledges that have always been good. Anchored just right bottom was great it full of small reds to 17 or 18 inches and light spin rods they were fun but still no lanes we were at 56ft I know they were there but not feeding bait of the day was live shrimp. Weather was moving in, time to head in closer for one more short stop at a rock pile I was hoping for a Gag.
Well Scott lands a legal red in state waters and lets him go,
Now we are feeling the rain , we waited too long. So it was running in the rain cleaning fish in the rain boy were we all soaked I had a Frogg Togg top but did not have the bottom. Great day on the water.
They took pictures also hope they post a few.
Thanks Larrywitt

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,676 Moderator
    I was just informed by Mary that it was Capt. Scott who had the first King Fish on so the images are incorrect as to who is who.
    Hey I was tired this morning.:shrug
    larrywitt
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,118 Officer
    Wow! nice going guys, King Fish....tiz the season!
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • FinsfanFinsfan Posts: 604 Officer
    looks like the kings are really showing up lately...I need to get out there..
  • Tight LoopsTight Loops Posts: 206 Deckhand
    I just pulled the boat for some service and while it was on the trailer it got its annual wax and detail of brightwork. I told the guys I have to keep it waxed because they like to make such big messes.

We can always count on something to happen when Larrywit takes his mid morning coffee break. Two kings later he finally got to finish his coffee and roll

Everyone had a good time catching fish. Not many other big fish but the action was constant all day and we all got our share of yankin and cranking.:fishing
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Nice job Larry. Should be out there today.
  • PhlypperPhlypper Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    What kind of coffee were you drinking? Need to get some of that!
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,676 Moderator
    Columbian medium dark roast, I think I will get a cup right now.
    larrywitt