WELCOME TO HOMOSASSA

Cindy and I have been fishing this area for over 30 years. We have caught every fish that lives in the gulf in this area except for the redfish. We bought a home in Riverhaven, we have our boat "Cindy's Diamond" on the lift and decided to hire a guide to take us out in our boat to teach us how to fish for redfish at Homosassa. Guess who lives at the entrance canal to our house? Captain Zach. We called him Monday and he rearranged his schedule and we picked him up on his dock at 8. He showed us how to navigate the Little Homosassa and put us on some nice redfish. We all caught some and Cindy got a nice gator trout. The weather was so nice that I asked Zach if he had any special grouper spots. Out came his cell phone and some top secret numbers were input to my Garmin. When we got to the rocks Cindy was using light tackle and having a great time catching pinks and mangrove snapper. Suddenly, on a piece of shrimp her drag started screaming. See the picture of what she put in the boat. We took a good mess of fish to the cleaning table at our house and have a lot of fish in the freezer. Captain Zach gave us the best welcome to the area.

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Well except for the shirt, the fish looks great...:grin
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 637 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »

:rotflmao

That must have been fun on redfish gear!
  • iss that riteiss that rite Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Capt. Zack is awesome ,,, he gave me a answer to one of his hint on a spot on the forum last year and i still haven't made it out there yet lol.. By the way AWESOME catch there...
  • FishTankFishTank Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    Nice grouper. Sounds like a great day. GO NOLES!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,679 Moderator
    Thanks for the report. Bet that was a great fight.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    No pics of the reds? Bet it was a fun time getting that gag out of the rocks on redfish tackle!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,311 Admiral
    Good shirt, great fish.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »

Yeah Im with Bonz :spin
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,475 Officer
    Welcome to Riverhaven and the reds. Great day! Be careful in the little river, tides are about to get a lot lower.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 2,754 Captain
    PONCE wrote: »
    Yeah Im with Bonz :spin
    Nice fish, awesome shirt. I always keep some of those ugly blue and orange ones in the boat to wipe up fish guts, blood, two stroke oil, ladyfish poop, that kinda stuff....:)