WELCOME TO HOMOSASSA

Cindy and I have been fishing this area for over 30 years. We have caught every fish that lives in the gulf in this area except for the redfish. We bought a home in Riverhaven, we have our boat "Cindy's Diamond" on the lift and decided to hire a guide to take us out in our boat to teach us how to fish for redfish at Homosassa. Guess who lives at the entrance canal to our house? Captain Zach. We called him Monday and he rearranged his schedule and we picked him up on his dock at 8. He showed us how to navigate the Little Homosassa and put us on some nice redfish. We all caught some and Cindy got a nice gator trout. The weather was so nice that I asked Zach if he had any special grouper spots. Out came his cell phone and some top secret numbers were input to my Garmin. When we got to the rocks Cindy was using light tackle and having a great time catching pinks and mangrove snapper. Suddenly, on a piece of shrimp her drag started screaming. See the picture of what she put in the boat. We took a good mess of fish to the cleaning table at our house and have a lot of fish in the freezer. Captain Zach gave us the best welcome to the area.

Replies