Need a Crew / Want to Fish

Replies

• mickflipmickflip Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Hey guys, so I'm new to the area and still trying to get my bearings. I'm in the Sebastian area and got the day off on Thursday (1/16) and was wondering if anybody was heading out? Due to being new I don't have a boat and only have my fly rod that moved with me. More than happy to pitch in and help out in any way that I can. Just shoot me a message if something works out, and thanks in advance!
  • cnastycnasty Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Hi all!

I live in Clermont,FL which is right outside Orlando and I have helped a lot on boats from kite fishing to assisting with any deck hand type stuff. I am willing to help with expenses and learn as I am looking to get a boat within the next year or 2 and hope to learn from vets in the local area on spots, rigs, and such. I will help clean the boat and all of that type of stuff. I just miss fishing as I am from south florida and assisted with offshore trips. PM me or email me as my info is in my profile.

I look forward to meeting up and getting some fishing and learning! Thanks everyone
  • steven_ucfsteven_ucf Posts: 30 Deckhand
    I Have a Boat, I am looking for someone with some Experience to fish the Mosquito Lagoon Flats, actually right now I probably have more time to go night fishing in the Haulover Canal or some other Canal.

I have a 15 foot Monark Aluminum Bass Boat, nothing huge or luxurious but it gets the job done. I am new to fishing and love it, but I don't really know anyone except my 3 year old son that likes to fish. (He is too young to take night fishing, plus too loud to go sight fishing.)

I'm Normal and Laid Back, I like joking around and am punctual.

Hopefully this goes without saying, but you never know who is reading this. I am straight as an arrow and am not interested in any Gay Crap. I'm 35, Married, and Have 2 kids.

I get off work early on Fridays, so that would probably work the best - get to the ramp around 6:00PM and stay out till about 12:00ish, depending on how the fish are biting.

Just help Chip in around $30 or so, for the Bait and Gas.

Just PM me if interested.
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 919 Officer
    At times I have 1-2 spots open for offshore fishing, mostly out of Sebastian Inlet, especially this year (2014). Boat is an '04 Sailfish 218 with all the safety gear including EPIRB and SeaTow membership. Typical trolling day involves getting to my place in IHB around 5am, taking the 30 minute ride down to Sebastian, and launching right at the state park (I have the yearly pass). We typically get back to the ramp between 2-3:30pm and usually stay within the 30 mile line targeting dolphin, wahoo, sailfish, etc. Most times on the way back in we will drop a few baits on some bottom spots to change it up. I have all the fishing gear needed, but don't mind if people want to bring 1-2 of their favorite rods along or any trolling lures/etc.

For most normal trips, the split is $50-60 for bait, ice, etc.
    Just shoot me a PM and I will send you my info.
    I post reports on the forum if you want to look them up.

Andy.
  • ReefinderReefinder Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Hello everyone, I am looking for people to fish with on their boat if possible. I recently sold my boat and I have to buy house before I buy my next boat per wife's orders. I grew up in florida and love to fish for anything. I have lots of rods and tackle for just about every situation. I live in Port Saint Lucie, but travel north and south for work every week. So if your in South Florida or North Florida it does not matter I would love to fish. My schedule is flexible and I will split any and all costs. Let me know if you have any open spots for a day or a week of fishing I am open for anything.
  • crabmeatcrabmeat Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I have booked a day in Mosquito Lagoon on June 23 2014. Need one to fill the charter. Let me know if you want to go.
  • dwyermwdwyermw Posts: 336 Deckhand
    I am located in Ormond Beach and fish Port Canaveral, Ponce and I know the Indian River well and Mosquito lagoon. I am looking for a fishing partner who can travel at times and can share expense of a '24 Skeeter zx24v 300 Yamaha. WE can do it all on this boat. Looking for a someone who knows the Halifax system and wants to do some off shore. I enjoy fly fishing, live bait and artificial and fish for it all - snappers, tarpon, reds, trout. I am a family guy (college age son) who is fun to be with and has a extensive fishing background. PM if interested. It is May 20th and I am still looking !
    2009 Skeeter ZX2250 current
    2007 Sea Hunt 220 Triton (sold)
    Skeeter ZX24V, 300 HP Yamaha (sold)
    1890 SE Action Craft, 175 HP Evinrude Ficht (sold)
    Hewes Tailfisher (sold)
    Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5
  • brmcintyre65brmcintyre65 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum and looking for someone with offshore experience. I have a 20' polar center console with yamaha 150 4S. Always fished the jettys and inshore areas, but definitely looking to get into the offshore circuit and learn the trade. Anyone willing to jump on board and show me around please contact me. I am also wiling to tag along on someone else's boat if they have room. I will contribute to expenses.

I live between sebastian and the port.

If you have some additional gear that would also be nice. I am trying to up my offshore arsenal but want to learn more about the sport first.
  • brmcintyre65brmcintyre65 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I live between Port Canaveral and Sebastian inlet and have a 20' Polar w/ yam 150 4S. Just really getting into it, but have fished the inshore stuff most of life, but looking for someone with a little more experience. Definitely don't mind using my boat and having someone to fish with.
  • PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    I have an open spot tomorrow if you're interested. I have a 23 ft. Palm Beach and plan to get to the port around 6:00 AM'

Poppop
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 235 Deckhand
    Sent you a PM hope you got it.
  • PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    Spot is still open. Send message to [email protected].
  • motoelfmotoelf Posts: 80 Deckhand
    I'll be vacationing for a week at Ron Jon's resort June 14-21. I'm from the SW section and have my own boat but am not taking it on this trip. If anyone would like to go out during that week and have a spot I would love to fill it. I'll have my own rods and gear (inshore & nearshore), can help out with everything from backing up the trailer to washing the boat down at the end of the day. Of course help with all expenses. Brian 863-381-9099
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    I just sold my 254 Mako and am looking to be part of the crew and share expenses until the next boat is ready. I have experience, tons of offshore gear, gas money, sat phone and love to fish. I am very flexible with schedule and can fish weekday or weekend. I prefer offshore, but would entertain inshore or river/lagoon fishing as well. Would like to build an ongoing relationship but single-trip requests are ok too. I live in Orlando, and mostly went out from the Port, but no problem traveling to other inlets as well.

Call, text or PM me here.

David (407) 970-8633
  • MahiManiac65MahiManiac65 Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Hey guys looking for some people who want to go out. I have a 20ft Polar w Yam 150. Been inshore all my life now looking to learn some of the offshore circuit. If you wanna join I have the boat if you have the knowledge. The tackle I do have is mostly geared towards inshore fishing. Private message me if interested.
  • reelcockyreelcocky Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    is anybody going out thursday and need a crew member, if so let me know would like to get out and catch some mahi.
  • JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    Anyone who has room for another mangrove snapper angler for offshore, think of me. Weather permitting the next full moon could be productive. I have #s
  • Team_SeaShiftTeam_SeaShift Posts: 48 Deckhand
    I am always looking for crew members out of Ponce, I have a 22' Pathfinder with Yamaha 250, and cobia tower. We normally fish for grouper, snapper, and more. Have the capability of trolling. I just look for people to split fuel most of our bait is fresh caught and ice is from the Fire Station. We are mostly all firefighters and fish a minimum of 2 days a week. PM me if you are interested in going and have a pretty open schedule.
    I am always looking for crew members out of Ponce, I have a 22' Pathfinder with Yamaha 250, and cobia tower. We normally fish for grouper, snapper, and more. Have the capability of trolling. I just look for people to split fuel most of our bait is fresh caught and ice is from the Fire Station. We are mostly all firefighters and fish a minimum of 2 days a week. PM me if you are interested in going and have a pretty open schedule.

I keep my boat a 26' mako at the port but I have a blown engine and will be out of service for at least 2 months. That being said I'm retired the only vise I have is fishing. I do realize these boats don't run on water. I will try to pm this response with my contact info
    Have room for tomorrow morning not strictly Mangrove but if you have some spots we can stop looking at Mahi, Grouper
    Jethro wrote: »
    Anyone who has room for another mangrove snapper angler for offshore, think of me. Weather permitting the next full moon could be productive. I have #s
    Have room for tomorrow morning not strictly Mangrove but if you have some spots we can stop looking at Mahi, Grouper

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?1735-Need-a-Crew-Want-to-Fish/page8#ixzz34I4iqav7
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 517 Officer
    Bump
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 517 Officer
    Ttt
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • AustinpAustinp Posts: 55 Deckhand
    If anyone is looking to fill a spot or two on their boat for ARS season to help with cost let me know. Will help with cost, cleaning boat, etc. I have bottom gear as well.

Austin
  • ntgatorntgator Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    RE Fishing
    Ponce Inlet Fishing

If you’re looking to do some fishing on a regular basis.
    Let me know where you live, and when you’re available, weekdays weekends... experience, gear, etc...

I am always looking for a few Anglers out of Ponce Inlet.

I'm in New Smyrna, have a 29 ft inboard diesel,
    Looking for Angler buddies to go fishing with all year round...
    Split on expanses of course.
    PM me

If you live close by it would be a plus.

Thanks

Sam
  • wareagle85wareagle85 Posts: 164 Officer
    If anybody has an opening for any of the Snapper season dates next weekend (Jul. 18,19,20) I would love to help out. I have experience bottom fishing, but I don't have the stones to take my flats boat out that far.

Will help with expenses, cleaning, anything.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
    wareagle85 wrote: »
    If anybody has an opening for any of the Snapper season dates next weekend (Jul. 18,19,20) I would love to help out. I have experience bottom fishing, but I don't have the stones to take my flats boat out that far.

Will help with expenses, cleaning, anything.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

I'll keep u in mind my email is [email protected] name is Bill Mac. My boat is a 26' Mako stored at Bluepoints. Yesterday I hooked up with a fellow member a couple of posts back Austinp. Every thing went well cast netted bait headed north to Hetzel. Just received the boat back from a replacement power head tested it on buoy line seemed ok except for a oil warning indicator which the mechanic claimed a bad sensor so...ran boat was passed the shoal and alarms went off so to be safe limped back to port an the other engine. Supposed to be repaired by the weekend???? Email me a little more info like are you local? Austin came from East Orlando don't think he was real happy with failed trip I know I wasn't. Bill Mac
  • tryacctryacc Posts: 339 Deckhand
    New in town Cooca Beach would like to meet up with knowledgeable folks to fish the area. Boat is 31ft twins, hope you have tackle as I have limited gear. Open to fishing area ideas. Carl cwgruber1 @ yahoo
  • seanfishseanfish Posts: 254 Deckhand
    catchme1 wrote: »
    I'll keep u in mind my email is [email protected] name is Bill Mac. My boat is a 26' Mako stored at Bluepoints. Yesterday I hooked up with a fellow member a couple of posts back Austinp. Every thing went well cast netted bait headed north to Hetzel. Just received the boat back from a replacement power head tested it on buoy line seemed ok except for a oil warning indicator which the mechanic claimed a bad sensor so...ran boat was passed the shoal and alarms went off so to be safe limped back to port an the other engine. Supposed to be repaired by the weekend???? Email me a little more info like are you local? Austin came from East Orlando don't think he was real happy with failed trip I know I wasn't. Bill Mac

Anyone who has been around boats a while knows this stuff just happens. You limp home, put it back on the trailer/high/dry and go have breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on how long it took to get in. Then get her fixed up and make another go at it. :banghead
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 919 Officer
    Headed offshore out of SI on Friday 8/8.
    25' cape horn with twins.
    Looking for phins in the morning then maybe some bottom dropping.

** Spot filled but PM me if you want to be put on standby status.