Home Politics

In Need Of Target Practice

Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 2,785 Captain
Unfortunately, Palestinians don't have many opportunities to get target practice.

Yehuda Glick, a U.S.-born "settler", and far-right racist, was shot as he left a conference at the Menachem Begin Heritage Center in Jerusalem late on Wednesday. His assailant, who escaped on the back of a motorcycle, was later killed by Israeli troops.

Doctors said that Glick, 48, remains in serious but stable condition with four gunshot wounds.

Here's wishing him a long, slow, painful, recovery.

Replies

• guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    Never heard of this guy, so I did a little reading. You may have more FACTS which support your(apparent) rather brutal support of attempted murder...if so, please enlighten us. From what I found, Rabbi Glick seems to wish for co-existence in Jerusalem, having been quoted as wishing for the Temple Mount to be House of prayer for all Nations," with the Dome of the Rock standing alongside a rebuilt Jewish sacrificial altar.

It's no wonder the terrorists who have sworn to destroy Israel and murder her children regularly are trying to murder this Rabbi also.
    GET ALONG...??? Peacefully co-exist...???
    Why won't the Palestinians give it a try...??? What they're doing hasn't worked out too well so far.
    Just my 2 cents. I'll check back later to see the list of terrible things Rabbi Glick has done to justify your support for shooting him.
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    Nick Nikon = Milton77 :huh
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    A lot of Jew hating terrorist sympathy going on here.
    Seems to me this is what's called a racist.
    These leftists always seem to live in large glass houses.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,031 Captain
    Nick Nikon wrote: »

I've found it notable that liberals claim to not be hateful, not be racist, not be homophobic, etc....but eventually they get their white outfit from the dry cleaners and show their true colors.

Simply pathetic.
    ZERO response to my request for additional information about Rabbi Glick. Fascinating.
    I can only guess then that Mr. Nikon doesn't have anything to show us which might even slightly justify supporting the Rabbi's death or "slow and painful recovery" from the attempt to murder him.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    riverdiver wrote: »
    I've found it notable that liberals claim to not be hateful, not be racist, not be homophobic, etc....but eventually they get their white outfit from the dry cleaners and show their true colors.

Simply pathetic.

yet the mods simply allow these kind of threads ..... why are they even here then ?
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 2,785 Captain
    CatBox wrote: »
    Nick Nikon = Milton77 :huh

Incorrect.

We use no other handle on these forums.
  • Finfinder wrote: »
    yet the mods simply allow these kind of threads ..... why are they even here then ?

We can shout down the entire forum, if enough insist.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    riverdiver wrote: »

Simply pathetic.

Israel is a racist institution, plain and simple.

If you love it so much, you should move there.

Turn in your passport, and renounce your citizenship.

( Something Mr. Glick has never bothered to do. )
    White Dog wrote: »
    A lot of Jew hating terrorist sympathy going on here.
    Seems to me this is what's called a racist.
    These leftists always seem to live in large glass houses.

No "Jew hating" here.

However, we find Zionists to be loathsome and contemptible.

Zionist fanatics assassinated pious, Orthodox, Jews who refused to go along with the establishment of Israel.

They wanted to wait for the Messiah, ... and they are still waiting.

An old joke ( in NY anyway ) defines "American Zionist" as a Jew who pays someone else to live in Israel.

As for "terrorists", that always depends on whose ox is being gored.

When Israel used an American supplied aircraft, and an American supplied rocket, to assassinate the "blind sheik" in Gaza, was that an act of "terrorism"? He was an old, blind, man in a wheelchair, and the dirt-bag Israeli's splattered his body all over the street.

His only "crime" was to refuse to be conquered by European Jews.

The only bright spot is the entire situation is the large number of Israeli's who reject the "settlements", and the continued military oppression of Palestinians, and truly desire a just peace.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral

no one will hear you
  • We shall see.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    guido4198 wrote: »
    ZERO response to my request for additional information about Rabbi Glick. Fascinating.
    I can only guess then that Mr. Nikon doesn't have anything to show us which might even slightly justify supporting the Rabbi's death or "slow and painful recovery" from the attempt to murder him.

You might try using something more than the self-serving hooey posted on Wikipedia.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/profile-who-yehuda-glick-682014386

Here's what Glick was doing this past June:

http://www.foa.org.uk/news/led-by-rabbi-yehuda-glick-45-israeli-settlers-storm-al-aqsa-mosque

Glick is only one of a group of fanatic nut-bars who want to build a new Jewish Temple on the site, and restore animal sacrifice.
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 850 Officer
    Unfortunately, Palestinians don't have many opportunities to get target practice.

Yehuda Glick, a U.S.-born "settler", and far-right racist, was shot as he left a conference at the Menachem Begin Heritage Center in Jerusalem late on Wednesday. His assailant, who escaped on the back of a motorcycle, was later killed by Israeli troops.

Doctors said that Glick, 48, remains in serious but stable condition with four gunshot wounds.

Well if he was leaving a school, they might have done better with one of their rockets.
    And more to your point, if the Palestinians were less chicken**** they'd just meet the Israelis on a battlefield and iron out their differences instead of sending women and kids to do their work.

By the way, I'm sure whoever you copy/pasted that from appreciates the credit you didn't give them.
    What a female ******l cleansing product.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    You might try using something more than the self-serving hooey posted on Wikipedia.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/profile-who-yehuda-glick-682014386

Here's what Glick was doing this past June:

http://www.foa.org.uk/news/led-by-rabbi-yehuda-glick-45-israeli-settlers-storm-al-aqsa-mosque

Glick is only one of a group of fanatic nut-bars who want to build a new Jewish Temple on the site, and restore animal sacrifice.

I looked at both of those sources prior to my post. Neither of them, OR WIKIPEDIA provided anything even remotely close to a justification for shooting Rabbi Glick down in cold blood. If you see such justification in there, I ask you AGAIN to please enlighten us.
    I'm trying to understand why Palestinians (and you apparently)feel justified in murdering him.
    guido4198 wrote: »
    I looked at both of those sources prior to my post. Neither of them, OR WIKIPEDIA provided anything even remotely close to a justification for shooting Rabbi Glick down in cold blood. If you see such justification in there, I ask you AGAIN to please enlighten us. I'm trying to understand why Palestinians (and you apparently)feel justified in murdering him.

We never used the word "justified", but we certainly find the attempt on his life understandable.

The army of Israel, ( which they are pleased to call a "self defense force" ), needs no "justification" to throw any Palestinian into prison, and leave them there, without charge, or trial, for years, whenever they feel like it. There's no civil law in the West Bank ... the natives live with a military boot on their necks. You have the brazen gall to wonder aloud how the Palestinians could possibly feel aggrieved, and seek a measure of revenge on those who want to build more "settlements", steal more of their homeland at gunpoint, and make their lives even worse? You expect them to stand by while some pompous **** claims the "right" to defile their place of worship, and then actively attempts to do it? Get a grip.

What would you do in their position? Bow down to your master? Give up your home, your business, or your farm to a foreign invader?

Yehuda Glick, and the rest of his horrid ilk, firmly believe that every Jew on the face of the earth has a Divine right to "settle" all of "Biblical Israel". They claim all of Jordan, all of Lebanon, and most of Syria.

If the Seminole nation claimed that the "Great Spirit" had given your home to their people, and stole it from you at gunpoint, would you fight back, any way that you could? Or, as we suspect, would you bow down, dig their ditches, haul their garbage, and sweep their streets?

Yahuda Glick got what he was asking for, and not a tear need be shed.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    We never used the word "justified", but we certainly find the attempt on his life understandable.

Who's this "we" you are speaking for? You and that little mouse in your pocket?
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,954 Captain
    This is a propaganda thread , not a thread to solve issues....

You don't start a civil discussion with the title " In need of target practice"...........

Hate breeds hate.............
    MACD wrote: »
    This is a propaganda thread , not a thread to solve issues....

You don't start a civil discussion with the title " In need of target practice"...........

Hate breeds hate.............

That probably sums it all up best.
    Thank You.
    Haters will hate. It's what they do, what they NEED, to live on.
    Gotta be a really sad way to live however.
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    We?
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,275 Captain
    Off with his head......
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Nicholas-Ridiculous if the "cause" is so great, why don't you join the jihad? All you are doing is lip service in a Florida fishing forum.
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    We shall see.

"We"? I thought your were a mod of one of the regional sub forums? :huh
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA Fin wrote: »

Think again.

• Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,570 Captain
    GA Fin wrote: »

No, originally he was the "FS Czar" back in the old days. Member #7, IIRC
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893
    Who's this "we" you are speaking for? You and that little mouse in your pocket?

Yet again, the same question.

It's common usage, known as the "editorial we".

When writing for publication, it's common practice.

Since our writing and/or photography has been published in Newsweek, The Saturday Evening Post, Downbeat, Guitar Player, and several other consumer and trade magazines over the course of the last four decades, it's the way we're accustomed to writing, and will continue to do so in the future.

Ciao!