Home Politics

The Evolutionary model does not work.

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,282 Admiral
    Then why do scientists "attempt to merge the two" and take it upon themselves to declare "there is no God" based upon their scientific (read: material,) discoveries? Is their's also a "futile and impossible task, illustrating the ignorance of those who pursue it?"

Reference:
    "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen." 1Tim 1:7

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:3
    (Courtesy Biblehub.com)

Very good sir! Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Very good sir! Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

If we want to further attribute Creation to the "Word;" Jn 1:1-2 "In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God. And The Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made." (Emphasis added.)

While the evolutionary model fails when it comes to explaining the origins and complex diversity of life on Earth, there is an unfair trump card because God can, whichever way He chooses, to bring about Creation. I thoroughly believe the Genesis Creation account, but then I have to wonder if some sped-up evolutionary process was put into place to create the current vast number of living land animals post Noah's Flood. If physical capabilities of drastic metamorphosis can occur in a short period of time, why not micro-evolution? Genes? Trump! It's God. If He wrote the code, He can re-write it also.

This theory would also not be inconsistent with the scriptures.
    If we want to further attribute Creation to the "Word;" Jn 1:1-2 "In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God. And The Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made." (Emphasis added.)

While the evolutionary model fails when it comes to explaining the origins and complex diversity of life on Earth, there is an unfair trump card because God can, whichever way He chooses, to bring about Creation. I thoroughly believe the Genesis Creation account, but then I have to wonder if some sped-up evolutionary process was put into place to create the current vast number of living land animals post Noah's Flood. If physical capabilities of drastic metamorphosis can occur in a short period of time, why not micro-evolution? Genes? Trump! It's God. If He wrote the code, He can re-write it also.

This theory would also not be inconsistent with the scriptures.
    While the Bible is not clear as to the actual process I do believe that if He was able ( which He did ) create by His spoken Word. He wrote the laws for creating, sustaining and upholding all things. It is also clear in Genesis the He did it all in the period of 6 literal days and then rested on the seventh day and hallowed it.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

While the Bible is not clear as to the actual process I do believe that if He was able ( which He did ) create by His spoken Word. He wrote the laws for creating, sustaining and upholding all things. It is also clear in Genesis the He did it all in the period of 6 literal days and then rested on the seventh day and hallowed it.

'Tis true. And actually, with the exception of verse 1, Genesis is speaking of a "Re-creation."
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    PP fell into the bottomless pit of "clumsy language" & will never have a leg "to stand on" let alone a place to stand.
    You (Freeliner) are one seriously confused wannabee science denier.
    There is no terra firma in places where you have to stand on clumsy language.

The Fossil & Geologic records are pure unadulterated "terra firma".

The ghosts & magic myths are pure fantasy.
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    PP fell into the bottomless pit of "clumsy language" & will never have a leg "to stand on" let alone a place to stand.

The Fossil & Geologic records are pure unadulterated "terra firma".

The ghosts & magic myths are pure fantasy.

Actually no Im not. I never denied the science behind Gary's video. I asked questions regarding the ORIGINAL 46 chromosome monkey/human and its probability of survival under the guidelines the theory (fact) of evolution provides.

The fossil record proves monkeys exist. And species have died.

What I do love about this thread is that all of you evolutionists believe that your wives can give birth to a chimpanzee (or the equivalent of). So go tell them thats what you believe. Please record it and post it on youtube.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    and another "creationist" spouts utter bs and the same bunch jump out to support him...
    amazing....

gary's rebutal pretty much shuts down that nonsense....

however, you can lead a horse to water.....

at ease....

as i said......
    the biblical\creationist idiots are drawn out to bite like a perfectly cast fly to a permit.....
    unbelievable....
    no wonder chinese children are better educated than the the regular southern bible-belt idiots....

carrion.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,954 Captain

Anyone familiar with the variety of domestic dogs should have some inkling of the potential for change within a species over a short time span, w/o ever touching on mutations.
    That's quite a yarn to spin for a defense . You must have a magical scientific prowess of observation
    to make that stick as fact.
    Anyone familiar with the variety of domestic dogs should have some inkling of the potential for change within a species over a short time span, w/o ever touching on mutations.

So your dogs have grown wings then?
    Berlinski is a denier, a charlatan, a snake oil salesman & some people just can't get enough of his juice.

Berlinski is a conman playing to the gullible & uneducated.

In other words, He is educated, intelligent, articulate, cogent, polite, and scares the bejeesus out of you as much as the Gospel.

I'm trying to figure out if your "denier" language is more Orwellian or Huxleyan. Either way, you use of the word denier in this conversation is universally applicable and therefore cancels out.

For your enjoyment:
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    as i said......
    the biblical\creationist idiots are drawn out to bite like a perfectly cast fly to a permit.....
    unbelievable....
    no wonder chinese children are better educated than the the regular southern bible-belt idiots....

carrion.........

A whole lot of nothing in that post
    So your dogs have grown wings then?

I'll just be happy when they morph into
    picking up their own poo.....then I'll believe.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    It's probably not as much as " I'm God", but more as "I want to be God".
    Unfortunately the results have been unsuccessful through out human history.
    !
    Gee that's original. Actually that is precisely what got Lucifer in trouble. Trying to make himself like the Most High.

Is "Lucifer" the name of one of the 'tall white' aliens? ;)
    If Berlinski is educated in Paleontology then he's a liar.
    In other words, He is educated, intelligent, articulate, cogent, polite, and scares the bejeesus out of you as much as the Gospel.

I'm trying to figure out if your "denier" language is more Orwellian or Huxleyan. Either way, you use of the word denier in this conversation is universally applicable and therefore cancels out.

Orwell or Huxley, either way you're only figuring fiction & trying to deny reality. Either way you lose. Apparently the history of life on Earth & the mountains of real artifacts that tell the story "scares the bejeesus out of you as much as the" devil & demons in your mind.

Despite your insipid speculation I've never been scared of ghosts or magic, b/c I don't believe ghosts or magic exists.

I've been educated in the Fossil & Geologic Records by "intelligent, articulate, cogent, polite" people who think Berlinski is a quack.
  • Spineyman wrote: »
    Gee that's original. Actually that is precisely what got Lucifer in trouble..

Lucifer was never "in trouble". He is simply an angel.

You are an ignorant victim of the popular myth that he is Satan, which he isn't.

It is simply another example of your consistent misunderstanding of scripture.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1091
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Here we go again. The alleged word of god doesn't even work as a simple score card to ID the players, let alone serve as evidence of the magic.

You are an ignorant victim of the popular myth that he is Satan, which he isn't.

Plenty of cultists are taught by their high priests that Lucifer is just another name for Satan, but neither is the Devil.

It's all just a "consistent misunderstanding of scripture". The chief alien should've gotten better editors.
    is just another name for Satan, but neither is the Devil.

That is incorrect............study up Fibber.
    Be sure to tell religionfacts.com & set them straight:

http://www.religionfacts.com/the_devil.htm

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1091
    Here we go again. The alleged word of god doesn't even work as a simple score card to ID the players, let alone serve as evidence of the magic.

Plenty of cultists are taught by their high priests that Lucifer is just another name for Satan, but neither is the Devil.

It's all just a "consistent misunderstanding of scripture". The chief alien should've gotten better editors.

Isaiah 14:12 - 14:15

Now viewing scripture range from the book of Isaiah chapter 14:12 through chapter 14:15...

Isaiah Chapter 14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

• mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    A whole lot of nothing in that post

actually it was an observation as to who would rise to the bait and attempt to defend their god and their bible...
    on the one hand it's amusing...on the other hand it's a display of idiocy....

gary and fibber have constantly refuted the idiot's post with solid information....
    yet, the evangelicals keep coming back with more ignorance...

carrion.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    The Creationists can't even develop a model b/c they only have ghosts & magic to work with
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 2,839 Captain

Now viewing scripture range from the book of Isaiah chapter 14:12 through chapter 14:15...

Isaiah Chapter 14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Blithering nonsense, and borrowed myth.

Even many Conservative Jews don't believe it.

Here are two excerpts from an article in the NY Times about a new translation of the Torah, and accompanying commentary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/09/books/new-torah-for-modern-minds.html

"Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions -- the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years -- have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity -- until now."

"These essays, perused during uninspired sermons or Torah readings at Sabbath services, will no doubt surprise many congregants. For instance, an essay on Ancient Near Eastern Mythology,'' by Robert Wexler, president of the University of Judaism in Los Angeles, states that on the basis of modern scholarship, it seems unlikely that the story of Genesis originated in Palestine. More likely, Mr. Wexler says, it arose in Mesopotamia, the influence of which is most apparent in the story of the Flood, which probably grew out of the periodic overflowing of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. The story of Noah, Mr. Wexler adds, was probably borrowed from the Mesopotamian epic Gilgamesh."
  • Spineyman wrote: »

Isaiah Chapter 14

Yes indeed the myth and very common misinterpretation too often relied upon by fundamental Protestants. That's the danger of having no one explain the references to you in their complete context.

Please post the scriptural reference to Satan and Lucifer being one in the same.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Hanuman, the Hindu monkey god, is one of the most celebrated and worshipped figures in Indian religion, but mention him outside of India and you are likely to be met with a blank stare. So who is Hanuman and what does he represent to the Hindu faith?

As is the case for many of Mother India's gods, several stories are told explaining Hanuman's birth. In one interpretation Shiva and Parvati decide to transform themselves into monkeys and indulge in amorous games in the forest. As a result Parvati becomes pregnant. Shiva, conscious of his godly responsibilities and desiring to conform to the laws of nature, directs the wind god Vayu to carry the offspring from Parvati's womb to that of Anjana - an Apsara with the form of a monkey who has prayed to be granted a boy child. In another version of the story Hanuman is simply the offspring of Anjana and Vayu. In yet another version of the story, he is the son of the King and Queen of the Monkeys.

http://www.kashgar.com.au/articles/the-hindu-god-hanuman-monkey-god-and-hero-of-the-ramayana
    greggl wrote: »
    Hanuman, the Hindu monkey god, is one of the most celebrated and worshipped figures in Indian religion, but mention him outside of India and you are likely to be met with a blank stare. So who is Hanuman and what does he represent to the Hindu faith?

As is the case for many of Mother India's gods, several stories are told explaining Hanuman's birth. In one interpretation Shiva and Parvati decide to transform themselves into monkeys and indulge in amorous games in the forest. As a result Parvati becomes pregnant. Shiva, conscious of his godly responsibilities and desiring to conform to the laws of nature, directs the wind god Vayu to carry the offspring from Parvati's womb to that of Anjana - an Apsara with the form of a monkey who has prayed to be granted a boy child. In another version of the story Hanuman is simply the offspring of Anjana and Vayu. In yet another version of the story, he is the son of the King and Queen of the Monkeys.

http://www.kashgar.com.au/articles/the-hindu-god-hanuman-monkey-god-and-hero-of-the-ramayana

At least it's not running around lopping the the heads off those that won't worship Allah.
    Yes indeed the myth and very common misinterpretation too often relied upon by fundamental Protestants. That's the danger of having no one explain the references to you in their complete context.

Please post the scriptural reference to Satan and Lucifer being one in the same.

I'm telling you that Gods Word is true and your half baked assumptions are hog wash.

At least the Christian model dumped most of capital offenses in their mythology, suggesting the good book wasn't all the word of their god.

http://www.giveshare.org/BibleLaw/lawhandbook/10.html