Iowa Opener

Headed up about an hour north of the farm yesterday for the Iowa Bird Opener the morning drive was insane with all the very bad fog. Once at our location we set out in the pursuit of what traveled north for the first bird that we got up a young rooster but unable to identify for a shot till out of range next a covey of quail got up to our right a my guess still on the roost before in range but we did manage to see them down in some rough area ahead? So we moved ahead looking for a point? Manage to find and put a couple up before the first dog played out in the heat and headed back to the truck to trade out Kat for my new pup Sammie we were able to jump 9 hens a 2 roosters during her romp but only one rooster in range that Jim zapped down nicely
We tried one more afternoon walk with no birds found but again the heat took over an we called it a day I was kidding Jim if it wasn`t for the wild pheasant encounters the weather reminded me of a Florida warm winter quail hunt!
Picture from todays hunt
DSC04867_zpse5428df5.jpg
And trust me with it very windy and the temp reaching 81* today we saw
way to much of this
DSC04768_zpsd848a48f.jpg
58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Nice looking dogs you got there....I bet jumping them pheasants is a blast...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead