Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mixed Catch on "My Office" in Boynton

First Post Guys Im New to this forum so go easy!

Went out Yesterday out of Boynton Beach, trolled south to the Martini Glass and picked up a couple small kings on the down rods.Only One keeper, we lost a nice 15 pounder as soon as we were wiring it in. With a slow bite on the reef we ran out 15 miles just to turn around and go back to some of the big patches of weed we found at 500. We trolled up and down and picked up some small dolphin . Stopped at one of the weed patches and tossed some live jacks/Runners we picked up under the weed on the sabiki. We caught some more dolphin until the sharks showed up ! As we were reeling in the juvinile sharks a nice 30lb cobia swam right up the boat but wanted nothing to do with any of the live bait we had out for him. That was the second cobia I've see out in 600-800 ft of water in the past week. We caught a short last week as we were fishing for Rosie's . So after we put the lines back in were trolling along some of the big patches again , as soon as we got the down line set it went screaming. Another juvenile shark…. So cutting through the scattered weed and trying to dehook the shark , the outrigger line goes of , we both assume another dolphin . Then as the fish got closer we saw it was a shark ….or what we thought was. Once we got it to the boat we saw it was ANOTHER Cobia. We wernet sure about the size so we netted him in. He was luckily a keeper and in the box. Definitely a mixed box but a good one on "My Office".

Heading out tomorrow Ill hopefully have another post tomorrow.

*Bonus Here Is a Pic of our 38 Pd Dolphin we picked up 15 miles out last Wednesday!
Austin Burkett
Fishing the Boynton Beach area my whole life , as soon as I think I know what I'm doing ,the fish tell me otherwise!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
E.J. Schrader Mattress Co. Custom Mattresses for Homes Boats and Rv's
Cell 561.901.3438

Replies