Child Bride's Grits

Sometime back I posted a picture of Child Brides grits corn. She had originally got the seed from friends of ours, Randall and Liz Porter of Buckeye Creek Farm nearby. Every year Liz and Randall have a big party celebrating the end of the growing season, whatever, everyone brings a dish (oh mercy, put that hot dog back and hand me the desert), their kids, dogs, friends, but it always includes Grits Grinding. This year Child Bride, Joy, had enough to grind, or another way, enough she wanted to grind. A few pictures, including the machinery that some of you might enjoy seeing more than her grits. Now whatever, remember, they're her by God grits, and she's as happy and proud of them as she can be, and I guess, me too for her. Since I have to crop in order to post, I hope they come out ok, or sorta the same size. It's always a fun day.

tk

Replies

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,196 Captain
    Looks like fun
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,135 AG
    :beer
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    :beer

We used to do the same thing with Sugar Cane the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I miss those days and the family and friends that got together to celebrate and this looks like something similar.
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,196 Captain
    Sugar cane was cool too. We did it for several years in late 70's early 80's.

Still got the RE LEE sausage grinding evry year though.
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,403 Officer
    Grinding grits ?
    Dewey told me they grew on trees.:huh
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,942 Captain
    Cranfield wrote: »
    Grinding grits ?
    Dewey told me they grew on trees.:huh
    They do, but you cant grind them in the tree.
    F the feds