Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

Own up time

Upton O. GoodUpton O. Good Senior MemberPosts: 102 Deckhand
Come on, be honest and "man up", how many of you purchased an Amazing Helicopter Lure? (Someone mentioned them on another thread and the question was begging to be asked.

Replies

• StratosStratos Senior Member Posts: 149 Officer
    I was somewhere around 10-12 years old and if I saw someone on TV catch fish with a bait I wanted it. So with that being said, never bought them but wanted them.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Senior Member Posts: 3,013 Captain
    Yep, mowed a few yards for the kit when I was about 10. Bought the "flying lure" about the same time too!
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • a little knotsa little knots Senior Member DunnellonPosts: 1,222 Officer
    HELL YA !!! after seeing Roland catch that monster
    in lake Bacharach in Mexico I couldn't wait !!
    Like a kid at Christmas !!!
    (Had the fly in lure to ):grin
    wow ... way to take me back .... thanx ...
    Needed that !!!!:)
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Senior Member SebastianPosts: 21,265 AG
    No....but I was fishing the States Firefighters Olympics tournament back in 1993..... and rather than leave the lure we were smoking the bass on...I had gone to the walgreens at home and as a joke had bought 2 plastic kids toy helicopters....they were big and yellow....I stuck a giant treble hook on them.

I tied these on before we entered the lock outside Rolands and came in to weigh-in with them tied on....when questioned I said " I'm testing a prototype of a really big helicopter lure"
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • BD27BD27 Senior Member Tarpon Springs / Crystal Rivers/ Fl KeysPosts: 1,179 Officer
    Yep, mowed a few yards for the kit when I was about 10. Bought the "flying lure" about the same time too!

A friend of mine bought the helicopter lures , **** near 20 years ago ! I caught a quality 4 #er on Chartruse fished like a spinner bait . But I have stroked the crappie , specks on the flying lure !!!!! Used to be a small Dam that I fished from a boat , you could toss that thing at the wall and let it bump all the way down ! Crappie couldn't stand it !!!!
  • JettyparkJettypark Senior Member Central FlPosts: 1,972 Captain
    LOL...its funny how a lure design that's been around for yrs somehow just made it>>>LOL.... but it does help when people are showing
    it on TV and Pros on praying on it LOL.... wallyworld has them on sale right now...so if you want to catch monster fish (LOL) than go and
    buy them up.... No joke the same lure that they are selling at bass pro shops and other well known sports store... wally world is cutting
    the price on them and selling CHEAP..... psssssss bottom line it's just another fly by nite lure..... and if you want to spend the money
    to buy it...than by all means "Buy" it.... but a simple plastic worm fish on the bottom.... will get you the same results..... and depending
    on the worm... its cheap as @#$@## to fish a worm..... just saying..
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • ER Doc 7ER Doc 7 Senior Member Port Saint Lucie, FLPosts: 153 Officer
    No, but I too loved the flying lures. Now I want to google them and find them again. http://www.flyinglure.com/

I want to put them under a float and fish above the weedlines in my canals.
  • a little knotsa little knots Senior Member DunnellonPosts: 1,222 Officer
    My dad still has a full set !! Never been opened !
    Banjo minnows too !!:grin yall know !!
  • capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,873 Moderator
    Guilty . The flying lure is actually a decent concept but won't take the place of punching a mat with a heavy weight.
    "You'll get your weather"